Driving Agency London area

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum after passing my Class 2 a couple of weeks ago.

Im 24yr old and obviously struggling to get any work. I’ve got a bit of experience multi-dropping in Vans but apart from that I have Bugger all. Everyone I speak to just tell me i need prior experience.

Can anyone recommend some good Agencies so i can get my first job and get that all needed foot in the door to start gaining some experience. I live near Twickenham so London etc.?

Good agencies - almost an oxymoron. While I don’t have much time for agencies, see if there is a branch of Best Connection in your area. They will usually use new drivers - especially on the run-up to Christmas.
Good luck.

I’m in the same boat so just keep searching job centre and job sites for every advert. Some say they will take new drivers. I’ve got one lined up, just waiting for my license to get back

Thanks gents. Yeah I know agency’s can be a bit iffy but gotta get in there somehow. Doing my HIAB 2moro so hopefully it will open up a few more doors.

Thanks for the responses.

Give Contract Options in Staines a try contractoptions.co.uk/content/contact_us.cfm

I passed my Class 2 while I was on the books with their Slough branch and they got me out in an 18 tonner a couple of days after passing and kept me busy until I got a permanent job. This is going back a few years now, but still reckon they’d be worth a call.

Not many haulage firms around Twickenham, so one option for you might be to look into doing Level D training (only a one day course) then try all the airfreight firms around Heathrow (Hounslow, Feltham, Colnbrook etc). There are a few firms around the airport that will give newbies a chance.

Did my Level D with Training Link in Feltham, give them a bell and they’ll give you an idea on cost.