Driving Agency in Derbyshire, Notts or Yorks Area

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a lgv job agency in the Derbyshire, notts or yorks area?

I’m based in south Yorkshire area and passed my class 2 test two months ago and haven’t been able to find a job, every employer wants a minimum 6 months - 2 years experience. The situation is so bad that at this point I will work for free lol.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

It’s not my area so can’t help with agencies but don’t look specifically for driver agencies, I think most agencies these days have driver consultants/divisions so just phone round your local recruitment agencies.

Having said that I’m sure someone will be along soon who can name an agency or two in your area.

Major recruitment in Leeds got me quite a few jobs when first passed. Driver hire nada, Meridian in Wakefield also had a few jobs but I turned them down as had others booked.

Not got numbers to hand as out and about. Can try them as some of work was South Yorkshire, might be able to help you out?

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

A couple of weeks ago I spoke to an agency, and they mentioned some kind of buddy scheme where you work alongside someone else for drivers who had just passed their class 2, after initially sounding positive about finding me work the agent then asked me how long I had my licence to which I responded 6 weeks, the agent then took my telephone number and said they would get beck to me - they never got back to me and haven’t responded to my emails, so what I am taking from this is that it has been too long between passing my test and not getting hired that I’m unemployable. :cry:

Has anyone else had a prolonged period between passing their test and finding that first initial job?

Six weeks isn’t long enough to make you unemployable, there are drivers on this board who have held a licence for longer than that before being offered jobs, it’s really a matter of just having to keep trying and eventually something will come your way.

Probably the most important point is to keep trying, try every company you can and until something turns up try every agency you can, you’re not obliged to do work an agency offers you so don’t sign up with just one agency sign up with three or four, be as flexible as you can regarding what hours you can work, and be prepared to do work at short notice because that could be your route into regular work.

maxsmith10:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a lgv job agency in the Derbyshire, notts or yorks area?

I’m based in south Yorkshire area and passed my class 2 test two months ago and haven’t been able to find a job, every employer wants a minimum 6 months - 2 years experience. The situation is so bad that at this point I will work for free lol.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

At each stage of your career it pays to be what your employer is looking for.

In the beginning, you have no experience, no reputation and you are a HUGE gamble for most respectable employers.

So, your best bet to start with is the unrespectable employers. Or, the Special High Intensity Training Expected jobs.

When your career has advanced slightly, once you’ve been there & done all that & have a few miles under your belt, then you might qualify for a high earning position with a very respected employer.

Smack bang in the ideal location of the area’s you have mentioned is “Taylors”, with several locations clustered around the M1 Jnc 28 vicinity.

Have you tried approaching them? Because they are crying (nay, SCREAMING) out for drivers. Even the worst employee’s of the lowliest scumbag agencies are starting to turn this number down. You’d need to be an alcoholic, waiting for the final points / incident that puts you off the road for ever to even consider working for this outfit . . . but hey ! That’s just the opinion of someone with a few miles under there belt :slight_smile:

For a total newbie, it might be a good starting point. At least after 6mths - 2yrs you’ll know who NOT to work for.

If you’re really desperate for a job there are a couple of vacancies at our depot in mantonwood,worksop only £90 a shift but hey if you’re desperate…
Give John Hughes a bell on 01909 494123 or 01909 494121 and tell em Summerscales pointed you their way.

No

Taylor’s don’t have the management corruption centred around cotes park j29 .but they do a fine job .they don’t have ■■■■ financiers like the jobs for the boys outfits nearby

U have to run bent .that’s why no one wants the shtty job .

Not Taylor’s .though they must compete with all the others

Say your an evangelist .you get fastracked to the cushy numbers.even management within 3 weeks