Driving Agencies

How many agencies should i register with to get my foot in the door

My advice and I am no expert would be as many as possible.

It what I call the shot gun effect, You will hit something in the end.

I normally suggest 2 to start with. If you register with too many you could spend loads of time refusing shifts and that will put you at the bottom of the heap.

Better to register with 2, maybe 3, and see how it goes. If there’s not enough coming through tell them you need more work or will have no choice but to register elsewhere. Their reaction will be based very much on how much work they’ve got coming through. I’d give it a month before I started that route.

You may drop lucky and get plenty straight away. There’s just no way of telling. Best of luck :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
I normally suggest 2 to start with. If you register with too many you could spend loads of time refusing shifts and that will put you at the bottom of the heap.

Better to register with 2, maybe 3, and see how it goes. If there’s not enough coming through tell them you need more work or will have no choice but to register elsewhere. Their reaction will be based very much on how much work they’ve got coming through. I’d give it a month before I started that route.

You may drop lucky and get plenty straight away. There’s just no way of telling. Best of luck :laughing: :laughing:

I agree 2 to start with. Put yourself out and be available for everything they can throw at you that way you will be well liked and get more work.

The more the merrier. It won’t take long to see who really has the work that way.

I agree with 44 tonne ton, when i started out i registered with about 6 or 7 agencys,some did not bother to call me back at all one called me back a year later?? but a couple gave me work here and there but found one that has kept me in work non stoop since sept 07 same company as well.

register with all within 25 mile radius…for every good agency theres 5 full of bull…son`s registered with around a dozen…only a couple offer regular work…never hear a dicky bird out of the others!!!..just seems to be the way of the world at the moment…

newtruckersdad:
register with all within 25 mile radius…for every good agency theres 5 full of bull…son`s registered with around a dozen…only a couple offer regular work…never hear a dicky bird out of the others!!!..just seems to be the way of the world at the moment…

It’s always been that way with agencies, even in the good times.