Driving after a potential stroke

A mate of mine had a funny turn today, I think he had a stroke but he’s waiting for test results.

What are the chances of him getting his licence back (assuming he loses it)

NewLad:
A mate of mine had a funny turn today, I think he had a stroke but he’s waiting for test results.

What are the chances of him getting his licence back (assuming he loses it)

Good but he will have to wait 1 year.

I see, so I assume he will have to be ‘trouble’ free for a year then can re apply, he has 7.5 on acquired rights will he lose that too, I’ve heard of old boys who have fallen ill keeping 7.5 don’t know if it’s true though.

Luckily we run some vans so he should be able to stay in work when he’s better, hopefully he caught it early, he was really slurring his words and couldn’t hold one of his arms out in front of him.

Probably ok with 7.5 t and definetly with a van, a mate of mine at work had a very minor stroke and was given the all clear within days of that but still had to wait for a year to get his licence back but not sure from what date they take it from.

I had a minor stroke 7yrs ago and was told by my GP not to drive anything for a month. DVLA revoked my HGV for a year and i had to have a full medical plus a treadmill test 9 minutes fast walking without stopping. Took a total of 19 months from the day of the stroke to getting back behind a lorry wheel. This is not a typical time frame as my stroke caused mental problems as well . Physically i was OK after about 6 weeks but everybody has a different outcome

they will take the 7.5 t off him as well. i had a suspect mini stroke last year but it turned out it could,nt be proved ( trust me it cost me £300 for a private consultation to get the letter stating i did,nt have one).

they told me same as the posts above, dont drive at all for a month then lose your hgv for a year then medical satisfying DVLA medical knobs, and when your licence goes of to the DVLA secret police they will knock the 7.5t entitlement off for the year as well.