Driving a Toilet

I’ve been posting on another thread and the subject got round to doing agency work been given the keys for a truck only to find that once you got in the cab it was a total toilet. I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s happened to, doesn’t have to be about agency work, some one else’s truck that you had to drive for the day or just shunt round the yard.

Banbury 1993 collect a truck at a well known fridge contractors to do deliveries round London for Pizza Hut, I think it was Scania 92, defiantly a 6x2 tag, day cab. 3 pm warm summer after noon.

Open the door and it stunk of stale milk, got in to have a look and after a half filling a skip with Mc wrappers and old pizza boxes , down the back of the seat are about 6 half drank milk cartons, all out of date and mostly curdled some of which are on their side and have split all over the carpet.

After speaking to the Tm and putting over my point, I got him to have a look, he barfed at the smell, wouldn’t even get in the truck then told me to go home as they didn’t have a truck for me to drive that day. I still got 5 hours for that job which wasn’t to bad, then I got put on Tesco for a midnight start.

Jeff…

The day “driver” of my lorry is a meldy ■■■■■■■■ it varies from skanky tins of sardines and pilchards left in door pockets to a tarmac encrusted shovel on the bunk.

I’ve get in half and hour early to clean the lorry and have taken to throwing everything he leaves in there away, paperwork, baccy, lighters, flask, lunchbox, everything. I think he’s starting to get the message as now it’s at least been wiped over before I get in it.

There is no excuse for living in ■■■■.

Yep seen a few like this although not quite as bad.

Usually I try to leave the truck cleaner than I found it but sometimes just putting the windscreen washers on will tick that box.

For balance I have also driven trucks that where so spotless I felt like I should be wearing a suit and made a big effort in cleaning them afterwards.

Its the russian roulette of agency work, once getting handed a pair of keys I always hope the unit isn’t regularly driven by someone who should have a bell round their neck…

Had all sorts on agency assignments. Had loads of fodens full of ■■■■ at Sainsbury’s, a Tesco motor that stank of ■■■■ but my favourite was a daf 2100 that had a problem with the cab tilt. Throughout the day it was slightly lifting. By 3pm the gear leaver wouldn’t engage anything on the left :laughing:

Some of our trucks are worse in the cab than the skips we collect. Not someone who polishes the floor etc but I do give it a wipe over when getting loaded and hate clutter in the cab.

Tipper Tom:
The day “driver” of my lorry is a meldy [zb], it varies from skanky tins of sardines and pilchards left in door pockets to a tarmac encrusted shovel on the bunk.

I’ve get in half and hour early to clean the lorry and have taken to throwing everything he leaves in there away, paperwork, baccy, lighters, flask, lunchbox, everything. I think he’s starting to get the message as now it’s at least been wiped over before I get in it.

There is no excuse for living in [zb].

You should chuck it all in the dirty ■■■■■■■ s car :smiling_imp:

We’ve a driver who cab is so bad that when a firm came to repair his night heater he refused to work in the cab as there were chicken bones , fish bones , fruit skins all marinated in some thick juice in the passenger foot well , as well as all the dead flies that had half desolvled on the dash board the stench was/is stomach churning.

I’m a bit sad I suppose cause I’m a bit OCD with my cab, but I don’t get why anyone would want to spend there day surrounded by ■■■■. If I worked agency I would leave what ever cab I was In how I found it or cleaner by the sounds off some off these posts it’s a matter off respect.

Makes you wonder what their houses are like.
My truck was off the road getting prepped for mot.
I was instructed to take so and so’s Foden ( this guy was a renowned smelly Bar Steward)
I’m scratching now thinking about it.
After securing the load I went into traffic office still wearing my boiler suit to collect paper work and subsistence money as it was a night away.
Wise cracking traffic clerk asked if I was wearing my pyjamas already.
Funny now but not at the time.
:neutral_face: