Driving a hgv with no licence!

The supervisor is driving hgv,s around the yard ,putting them on the loading bays,on the night shift but he has no licence and has been told by other senior managers he,s not allowed to go near the lorry,s! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

He,s been there16 years and has bumped a few ,the problem is he hit a wall near the security lodge caused quite a bit of damage to the wall and the lorry,s tail lift,now he wants me to take the rap!! :unamused: :cry: :cry:

I said no way! now he,s got the hump with me ! hey ho! :blush: :blush:
We had a slanging match ,and i will not back down.

Who supervising the supervisor! If i speak out i,ll get the chop! :unamused:

Get a grip and grow a pair. Are you seriously saying the company would sack you for being honest whilst at the same time keeping on a supervisor who they themselves have told not to do what he has been doing?

Cover your back by putting it in writing to the company. Unlike you appear to be, they will be aware of employment law and will not want to try defending an indefensible employment tribunal case.

maestegboy:
The supervisor is driving hgv,s around the yard ,putting them on the loading bays,on the night shift but he has no licence and has been told by other senior managers he,s not allowed to go near the lorry,s! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

He,s been there16 years and has bumped a few ,the problem is he hit a wall near the security lodge caused quite a bit of damage to the wall and the lorry,s tail lift,now he wants me to take the rap!! :unamused: :cry: :cry:

GROW A PAIR ffs
go to the super and explaine, your numptys in the ■■■■ and is now worried about his job.

next youll be asked to take speeding points or worse

That super’s an arse and a bully to boot, he’ll have to grow a pair and man up to his incompetence.

The truth will out, you don’t really want to be the one to grass, just say no to him and his mafia style suggestion and then keep schtumn.

If one of the real gaffers try’s to blame you then thats the time to defend yourself with the truth, something like this if it came out in say an industrial tribunal would end up in the papers and main transport media and the company would be a laughing stock, that isn’t going to happen.

If you lie for him then YOU will be out the door, company would take as dim a view as clocking in/out for someone else IMO.

Take the rap !

Tell him you want £5k ( upfront ) and for you to keep your job.Non negotiable. :wink:

Legally he can drive LGVs on private land with no licence but only if the company allow it and usually the insurers will insist that some basic training is taken such as a shunter course

This guy is certainly in hot water as the company have specifically told him not to drive them

maestegboy:

Surely CCTV footage will explain everything…must be some if next to the “security lodge”

Dobbed the ■■■■ in a then put in for his job simples :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Ramon123:
Take the rap !

Tell him you want £5k ( upfront ) and for you to keep your job.Non negotiable. :wink:

Do this then report him anyway.

I did think about the anonomus letter,then one of the warehouse staff said record him on your phone! :unamused:

So i did ! :cry: i offered to take the rap for him(stuart) told him not happy about being a liar etc etc :unamused: all recorded.

I don,t like being devious but,i had to box clever,this company buy judges etc etc .
I won,t disclose the recording until i am forced to ,and i want several witnesses there,including my union rep. :confused: :confused:by the way i am not taking the rap ,he can go and do one! :unamused:

Tipper Tom:

Ramon123:
Take the rap !

Do this then report him anyway.

:laughing:

Like your thinking TT.

He just sounds like a knob who wants his ‘authority’ in the workplace but at the same time boys with toys and wants to drive a big truck when quite clearly he’s ■■■■■■■ useless.

Sounding more like a Tom Clancy thriller

• Someone doing something he is forbidden to and screwing up
  • Asking for someone else “take the rap”
  • That someone being “leant on”
  • A company that “buys’ judges etc.”
  • Secret covert bugging of conversations.

Can’t wait to here the next chapter!! :smiley:

tell him to go swivel,why should you lose your job for somebody being a ■■■ :open_mouth:

maestegboy:

And the problem is?

There is no legal requirement for someone to hold a HGV license to drive a HGV in the yard. Company backside covering would suggest some training for health and safety but as long as he doesn’t go out of the yard what he is doing is not illegal.

Conor:

maestegboy:

And the problem is?

There is no legal requirement for someone to hold a HGV license to drive a HGV in the yard. Company backside covering would suggest some training for health and safety but as long as he doesn’t go out of the yard what he is doing is not illegal.

Not illegal but he’s smashing the place up :laughing:

Let him get on with it. There’s an old saying " give him enough of rope he’ll hang himself ".