Drivers Workwear

robthedog:

Monkey241:

robthedog:

simcor:
Nearly all business have certain dress codes. No matter what the business is.

There are the ridiculous things where truck drivers wear shirts which is totally impractical
Drivers have probably had it far too easy for far too long to do what they like when they like, and that includes taking the ■■■■ for runs making them last 13 or 15 hours, and yes we did start to clamp down on the agency drivers that did so and several were got rid off who had been with us a long time as they were costing so much money.

And I’m not talking about being rushed around to the minute, I’m talking about those parking up for hours and sleeping to get the hours in.

You are paid to do a job, same as any other job, there isn’t a job in the world where you can go in and say I’ll work 15 hours and maybe only do 7 or 8 hours work usually and can toss it off for the rest of the time and expect to get paid for it.

It comes down to what you perceive I guess but for me hanging a job out for no good reason is tantamount to fraud, obtaining money you haven’t earned.

We have had drivers night out right outside the building just to get their night out money, with managers driving and other drivers having to go past them during the day or night. That is just frankly a crazy thing to do yet drivers do it, they know that the company can see if they would have made it back to base with trackers and tacho records yet still think they can pull the wool over others eyes or just get away with anything they like.

Most things like trackers have been brought in because of those practises and for insurance that used to go on so much in a pretty much unregulated industry, and yet people complain they are unfairly treated, and that’s because as a business you have to protect your business against unscrupulous employees.

WTF Has this drivel got to do with workwear get a life and worry about yourself not what everybody else is doing

Called an opinion… and the very point of fora such as this.
Ironically whilst offering your rather trite advice, you aren’t heeding it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Yeah ok monkey boy whatever you say

Well done you’re grasping it.

The attempted condescension is wasted. Monkey is slang for my old job and was never intended to be complimentary [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I just wear the polo shirts and work kecks I’m supplied.
We’re also issued with work boots…cheap crappy work boots that make ■■■■■■■ sounds when you walk :smiley: :unamused: , so I only wear them when I have to for the steel toes,.
I used to drive in clacks for years, but tend to wear my trainers nowadays…I ain’t the cool Euro trucker superstar I used to be. :laughing: :unamused:

Summer I wear shorts, (which ain’t really a suiter with the co, but ■■■■ em. :smiley: )
Sometimes in the summer I’ll wear (clean) trackies on top of the shorts and take off/put on depending how cool it gets.
As for waterproofs we get jackets and over trousers, which (true to form) are also cheap crap where the water soaks in, but a mate off Network Rail gave me a Gore Tex jacket which is 100% waterproof so that’s sorted.

Some drivers you see look like unwashed tramps and dressed like '‘Man at Oxfam’ and smelly with it, they don’t do our image any favours. :unamused:

I’m a polo shirt / soft jeans and comfy soft boots .
I have a lightweight thin zippy hoody for the first hour or so in the mornings then it’s just polo shirt / jeans all day . Walking comfy cargo shorts for the summer .
All hi viz / safety gear in my outside locker if and when needed.
Bit of a comfy freak me ,
Need to be comfy clean and fresh me .
Clean cab mirrors and vehicle me.
Just the way I roll I’m afraid

Happy Trucker1:
I’m a polo shirt / soft jeans and comfy soft boots .
I have a lightweight thin zippy hoody for the first hour or so in the mornings then it’s just polo shirt / jeans all day . Walking comfy cargo shorts for the summer .
All hi viz / safety gear in my outside locker if and when needed.
Bit of a comfy freak me ,
Need to be comfy clean and fresh me .
Clean cab mirrors and vehicle me.
Just the way I roll I’m afraid

And that my friend is why you’re a Happy Trucker

I’ve just had info to say Biggriffin has got a new shiny tang lorry and needs help to find some new work wear and curtains ect ,I’am genuinely ‘asking for a friend ‘ :laughing: for links to such websites :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No uniform at my place.

I wear cargo trousers, clean and ironed, polo shirt, black leather steel toe boots which are polished.
Hi vis gear is washed weekly, as are wolly hats.
Keep my cab spotless, and am a clean mirror freak, done them at every drop today!

IMO, smart drivers are treated better by companies when you deliver to them, nothing worse than a driver that looks like he has slept in his clothes!

We are given a set of 6 polo shirts every couple of years, in one issue I also got a sweat shirt.
We also get a fleece jacket, a big, glo-in-the-dark waterproof / quilted jacket and a tammy.
All in company colours, ie dark blue with a yellow logo on the front and company name on the right sleeve. Well not the glo-in-the-dark jacket, obviously :wink:
Work gloves, we just ask for a new pair. Those good thick, lined, yellow gloves as well. Mine last me 4 - 6 months a pair.

Trousers and boots, we buy what we want and put it on expenses. I haven’t heard anyone complain they didn’t get the full costs reimbursed. Although I don’t think the boss would be too impressed with a £100 pair of safety boots every 6 months. I usually buy £30 - 40 boots and have never had a problem.

Full uniform for me too . 5 polos , 2 trousers , fleece , outer jacket , boots , tammy hat face scarf and gloves . In my opinion if your on a perm contract you should be provided a uniform . Understand some people may want to buy comfier boots or heavier jacket etc but to not be provided a uniform is poor .

Just sent for these, hoping they are light enough to drive in, but also ok to wear for safety instead of the ‘■■■■■’ boots I was on about, …so best of both worlds.
The trainers I drive in are looking a bit tatty.
Got decent reviews on you tube, and they’re cheap, seen them on other sites for up to 40 quid.
Due a new pair of boots,.so I’ll put them on expenses where I’ll get the price of the cheap crappy boots the firm buy off my purchase…(so it’ll be about £4.99 off. :laughing: )
Anybody had these btw?,.are they as ok as they say.

^^^ yeah we can get them from our stores. Personally I like them ,very lightweight and ideal for driving in. Only drawback I’ve found is that they soon leak from the sole and eventually the sole splits.