Drivers wanted:Canute/Manton Wood Wilko contract

Just spotted a job advert in local rag:

LGV 1 Drivers Worksop area for Wilkinsons contract.

Various shifts: days, nights, weekends…not all at once!!!

Full-time, permanent, 46 hours per week guaranteed

£11.22 per hour, overtime available.

Applicants must be at least 25 years old. At least 2 years experience.

Must posses digi-card (essential) & should have DCPC.

If interested Email CV to:

Suzanne.walker-lee@canutegroup.com

Seems like a reasonable job to me. May suit someone on here.

I have a few friends who work out of the Magor depot, been there for years most of them I myself did some work for them on the scum, there were jobs going back then (2007) but the scum pulled the 16 week trick on me and that was the end of that.

Nice long runs decent trucks (the Scanias have now gone) and the last time I was at the Manton depot they did a 4 on 4 off rota.

16 week trick?!

£11.22 per hour ? Sounds like a no brainer to me. Is that mon-fri or do you have to do some weekends?

Silver_Surfer:
£11.22 per hour ? Sounds like a no brainer to me. Is that mon-fri or do you have to do some weekends?

That’s the weekend rate, hence why they’re advertising for drivers. :bulb:

mike68:
I have a few friends who work out of the Magor depot, been there for years most of them I myself did some work for them on the scum, there were jobs going back then (2007) but the scum pulled the 16 week trick on me and that was the end of that.

Nice long runs decent trucks (the Scanias have now gone) and the last time I was at the Manton depot they did a 4 on 4 off rota.

The scanias havent gone,i overtook a brand new one today on the a1,it was in wilkos colours and pulling a decker,im running at 53 and left him in a cloud of dust,he could have been on overtime though :unamused: :unamused:

This is more like it, they’ll be beating them off with a smelly stick.
Description
LGV Drivers. (Class 1 & 2)

Hargreaves (UK) Services Limited are part of a rapidly expanding PLC offering a diverse range of bulk transport and support services to the energy, aggregate, waste and biomass sectors.

We are looking for: Class 1 Tramping Tipper / Walking Floor Drivers; Class 2 Tramping Tipper Drivers and Weekend Class 1 Tramping Tipper / Walking Floor Drivers based in the Durham area to work on both regional and national routes.

Recent experience of working in a similar environment will be a distinct advantage. Work varies from day work, nights out, night shifts and weekend work therefore flexibility is required to meet the needs of the job.

Rates of pay are £7.68 per hour for Class 1 and £7.60 per hour for Class 2. Overtime is payable at £10.51 per hour for Class 1 and £9.85 per hour for Class 2.

To apply, call our recruitment line on 0191 3738326

The Scanias do 49 to 50, the Volvos 52 to 54 and the Renaults do 54. All limited to these speeds.I think you will find the rate is £11.22 during the week and overtime if you have worked more than 46 hours.

Hmm conflicting reports.

It’s a golden chalice if it’s £11.22 in the week but not if you have to do any weekend days at that rate.

seem to use a lot of agency drivers for a firm paying that much!

would have thought if the rates were that great adverts wouldn’t be required :open_mouth:

I’d bet that the £11.22 rate is 4 on 4 off but I stand to be corrected. If that’s the case then it ain’t all that. Bet the jobs a doss though, better than sweating on general any road.

That’s the Monday thru Friday rate it’s A DOSS I’ve been on it out of purfleet now for 7 months 46 hrs my buttocks more like 30 hrs lol. Company pension death in service 28 days paid hols overtime if wanted NO HASSLES FROM TM just do the job and go home I was offered another job 2 weeks ago on containers V 8 580 scanny etc more money BUT more hours NO BRAINER stayed put 11 am start home by 7 that includes 30 mins each way to work ITS BORING AS ■■■■ but now have a great SOCIAL LIFE oh and I’m on 13 an hour 20 an hour for overtime if asked

Left hand down!:

Silver_Surfer:

That’s the weekend rate, hence why they’re advertising for drivers. :bulb:

No its not the weekend rate

£11.22 is the rate upto 55 hours. Over that its time and a bit. any hours over 46 hours is banked on a 4 weekly system (then paid out) So 3 weeks at normal rate of £515.22 before stoppages - week 4 you get your overtime hours you worked - so if you do over 5 hours on weeks 1 and 2 and did 5 hours short they knock it off the total. Sat work (or working on rota day off) is overtime only at £14.95 odd an hour (don’t have the correct figure in front of me)

Mon 00:01 to Fri 22:00 is the shift patterns. Either Mornings/afternoons/or nights. Expect to do little as 7 hours to 13 hours…so it varies to get it to average out 46 hours a week - so its planned in a way.

Banked hours?? No thanks!

Didn’t used to be banked hours when did that change? Do they still allow you to take Friday off if you have worked enough hours Monday - Thursday? Some good stores for delivering to Lowestoft for one other older stores can be tricky. I enjoyed my time there and would have still been there if they had agreed to permanent 4 day week.

Norfolknewbie:
Didn’t used to be banked hours when did that change? Do they still allow you to take Friday off if you have worked enough hours Monday - Thursday? Some good stores for delivering to Lowestoft for one other older stores can be tricky. I enjoyed my time there and would have still been there if they had agreed to permanent 4 day week.

New contracts where done iirc earlier on this year to bring in all of changes in with better rates. yes they increased the hourly rate but reduced it from 48 to 46. And it used to be 40 hours at one rate and remaining 8 at times half. Now its flat rate as per such to 55 hours (of
£11.22/hour)

done away with the friday off after doing 45 hours between mon = thurs one of the good perks that I used in the past to then come in on friday on overtime :sunglasses:

I used to have the Friday off sometimes but other weeks would work mon - sat. Tended to do Southend on a Saturday nice and easy overtime. Seem to remember basic rate was 9.65ish an hour back then and there was always overtime in abundance