Drivers Union

Hi all i was just wondering if there was such a thing as a drivers union? If so whats the best one, how do i sign up, is it worth it etc etc, thanks in advance for answers. :smiley:

The unions arent interested in the road transport sector, the only time Brother Woodley is seen is when it involves tankers or the automotive industry, and Brother Monk seems interested in bakeries and own account multi nationals

I am in URTU - fantastic for supporting the individual driver :smiley: but like most unions post Thatcher, no good for influencing any National issues :frowning:

Thanks guys will have a thinkā– ā– ? :bulb:

Think on this!

I used to be in T & G, long time ago. Both my shop steward AND local rep failed to show for a disciplinary, I got the chop and so did the T & G card. (Never could see how T & G could support e.g. 50 warehouse staff against 5 drivers)

Joined URTU about 7 yrs ago. Never regretted it, theyā€™ve successfully helped me several times, just having a union rep present seems to put a different shine on matters.

Now, donā€™t think for one moment you will get support against theft etc but where operational disagreements are concerned the union rep will always have the edge over a ā€œdrivers representativeā€.

Fact. Drivers are their own worst enemy. We all want to be driving, so we tend to let things slide until management shouts.

Communication used to be a problem but with mobiles thereā€™s no reason drivers canā€™t ā€œstand togetherā€.

Join URTU today, ring 0800 526639 for a membership form, pay by direct debit. You know it really does make sense!

williemac:
The unions arent interested in the road transport sector, the only time Brother Woodley is seen is when it involves tankers or the automotive industry, and Brother Monk seems interested in bakeries and own account multi nationals

Sadly I have to agree. It seems to make a difference if there is a TV camera or two around. :frowning: