Drivers uniforms

Why can`t a clothing firm make a better style of work trousers for drivers at large firms,the ones i am on about is the naff blue trousers,at builders merchants,they sell decent work wear with multi pockets and it looks the business,i feel a right banana in mine,and you can tell i get looked down on when arriving at a place to tip,the ladies do not look impressed,and no phone number swapping will be happening with my nice bluies on.

toby1234abc:
Why can`t a clothing firm make a better style of work trousers for drivers at large firms,the ones i am on about is the naff blue trousers,at builders merchants,they sell decent work wear with multi pockets and it looks the business,i feel a right banana in mine,and you can tell i get looked down on when arriving at a place to tip,the ladies do not look impressed,and no phone number swapping will be happening with my nice bluies on.

Nobody likes a bragger - get your hands out of your pockets lol

i think tobys in touch with his feminine side today.
does my bum look big in this? :laughing:

toby1234abc:
i get looked down on when arriving at a place to tip,the ladies do not look impressed,and no phone number swapping will be happening with my nice bluies on.

Nowt to do with the fact that you are dog-ugly then tobes? :laughing:

would you rather a “elf” costume? haha

God I miss England. This country’s trucking industry thinks the uniform. My company issue 7 polo shirts and a jacket, as we live and work in a part of the world where it can get to as low as minus 40f in winter, polo shirts and one jacket doesn’t quite do it for me. I had a suprise this week, I called into our parent terminal and was given a supply of Carhart winter coats to issue to the Yonkers drivers so at least we will be warmer this year. Saddly as I am the top bloke there it’s down to me to store them in my truck and give them out.
When I worked for Fed Ex in the UK I had 2 winter jackets, 2 summer ones, 14 long sleeved shirts, 3 pairs of lined winter trousers and 3 pairs of summer ones, 6 tee shirts 14 short sleeved shirts, two pairs of DM work boots, 3 Winter overcoats, 4 body warmers and the list goes on.
At Tesco the supply of clothing was amazing.

I have an elf costume, :smiley:

toby1234abc:
at builders merchants,they sell decent work wear with multi pockets and it looks the business,

Yea, that’s what I normally wear, with a polo shirt, though sometimes I’ll just wear jeans and a T shirt depending on my mood.

Pat Hasler:
When I worked for Fed Ex in the UK I had 2 winter jackets, 2 summer ones, 14 long sleeved shirts, 3 pairs of lined winter trousers and 3 pairs of summer ones, 6 tee shirts 14 short sleeved shirts, two pairs of DM work boots, 3 Winter overcoats, 4 body warmers and the list goes on.

it was the same for me when i was in fed ex… i had two pairs of trousers 2 shorts… boots as and when needed… 4 long sleaved tops 4 t shirts hiz viz vests comeing out my arse… hats if i wanted them… had a v kneck jumper (still got it un used) had a body warmer and a rain coat (un used) and i was only in a warehouse (not the main hub) yet we out regular night trunker still moned about the kit he had.

haribo4000:
I have an elf costume, :smiley:

fancy a seasonal job over xmas :laughing:

limeyphil:

does my bum look big in this? :laughing:

No - you’ve just got a fat arse - get used to it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ive gotta wait 3 mth for my uniform on probation, so im just gonna get some Black Craghoppers then a few dark polo top,s. .

pete8835:
Ive gotta wait 3 mth for my uniform on probation, so im just gonna get some Black Craghoppers then a few dark polo top,s. .

Same here, trip to ScrewFix for me and sorted with a couple of pairs of Dickies trousers in black to hide the 5th wheel grease that newbies seem to attract, several t shirts (don;t get the Dewalt ones with the logo strip inside the collar), lightweight stc boots, buckskin gloves (highly recommended) all for ~£70. All hard wearing and, so far, haven’t faded in the wash.