Drivers Under 25

Can someone explain why some companies such as Eddie stobart take on drivers under 25 with no experience and then most companies don’t take you on unless you are 25 or over

Also do the driving agencies have the same policy of employing drivers over 25?

Thanks

I think it is probably due to insurance etc.

yes it is a bit funny but its down to Eddie offering apprenticeships and as I found out most of those things tend to go to people under 25 years old so guys like my self who are over that tend to be left out in the cold

and then there is the insurance issues like “you must hold your licence for 2 years or more” and “you need minimum of 6 months of actual driving experience” and the age issue

I started when I was 23 I got work fine. Admittedly it took a while and during that time I was out on a daily basis banging on doors and talking to transport managers.

If you keep at it and revisit people you’ve already spoken to eventually you WILL get a break.

I know a lot of people do only want 25+ but equally an awful lot of companies like new young drivers as they can teach you before you pick up bad habits.

LR18-8:
…an awful lot of companies like new young drivers as they can teach you before you pick up bad habits.

+1

The company i work for will take on drivers under 25, the company faces a higher insurance excess for the younger driver or the newly qualified driver and so they ask the driver to pay part of the excess if they have an accident.