Drivers seat how bad is yours?

Punchy Dan:
My 20 yr old seat is A1A ,the base started to go thread bare on outer edge so I got a cover off a passenger seat base from a scrap yard and stretched it over my drivers seat base ,a perfect solution. :smiley: and keeping it looking original.

Seat ainā€™t collapsed on a 20 year old truck?
Bet the bunk is ****ed, you lazy ***********!

The bunk is immaculate thank you .i only sleep in it approx once a week

dozy:
just ring up fleet & theyl give you a job number to get it repaired like everything else , so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  easy itā€™s beyond belief , yet weā€™ve drivers on about buying seat covers as a repair , what kind of tin pot company do they work for , unbelievable

Funny you should say that but around January time I was in Scania Normanton sat in the rest room drinking free coffee watching top gear waiting for them to find out why engine management light kept coming on my motor when a Stobart Tramper came into the rest room,it was around 2000 hrs and he was nearing his 15hr but he told me he couldnā€™t do another night without a night heater(it was freezing btw),heā€™d done half the week and kept ringing up but they kept telling him finish your work then take it!! He even told me one night he fired engine up to put blowers on and they rang him next morning to ask why engine had been idling for 20 minsā€¦
Tin pot companies indeedā€¦

Foam hanging out of the drivers seat is the least of my worries if iā€™m cab hopping. You should smell the seat before you sit on it, they are all without exception, disgusting with a nauseating stink of human excrement and sweaty bum hole. I used to always bring a towel to sit on when i was cab hopping, otherwise youā€™re transferring someones sweaty ā– ā– ā–  smell onto your trousers, then going home and sitting on your sofa and bringing that awful smell home with you.

I wouldnā€™t for a torn seat with exposed foam unless it was really bad. Iā€™d just compensate with a cushion I keep in my boot.

I remember working for a firm with a fleet of early 2000 DAF CFs, and found after a few years the driverā€™s seat leaned to the left. This meant the bolster flattened, the tubular frame began poking through, and it tightened my boxers around my nads. We used to complain a bit and got some replaced. But I canā€™t recall anybody ever refusing to drive them. I just used a cushion to level it off, which worked well.

How can anyone get a sore backside in a modern truck? Try and old AEC or a Guy Big J or most older vehicles and you will realise how lucky you are. It was bad enough but then you had to turn the steering wheel whilst fully loaded in a tight space. Mind you your backside got a rest then as you sometimes had to stand up to turn. :laughing:

Jimmy McNulty:
Yes iā€™m sure thats on the walk around check is it not. Get it VORā€™d, very unsafe. Its your licence after all.

How bad are you talking?

When did you last hear of somebodyā€™s licence affected by a torn seat ffs. :unamused:

ArcticMonkey:
Foam hanging out of the drivers seat is the least of my worries if iā€™m cab hopping. You should smell the seat before you sit on it, they are all without exception, disgusting with a nauseating stink of human excrement and sweaty bum hole. I used to always bring a towel to sit on when i was cab hopping, otherwise youā€™re transferring someones sweaty ā– ā– ā–  smell onto your trousers, then going home and sitting on your sofa and bringing that awful smell home with you.

You sniff seats [emoji50][emoji50][emoji1785]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ArcticMonkey:

Bro, you need to change your clothes and take a shower as soon as you get home [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrighty1:

ArcticMonkey:

He sniffs seats?

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

dexxy57:

wrighty1:

ArcticMonkey:
Foam hanging out of the drivers seat is the least of my worries if iā€™m cab hopping. You should smell the seat before you sit on it, they are all without exception, disgusting with a nauseating stink of human excrement and sweaty bum hole. I used to always bring a towel to sit on when i was cab hopping, otherwise youā€™re transferring someones sweaty ass smell onto your trousers, then going home and sitting on your sofa and bringing that awful smell home with you.

He sniffs seats?

Ooh matron
b5c75897c7497291152ccc5cdbcd4c5a.jpg

On the subject of smelly seats, I never use the heated seat for this reason. Ten years of fermenting beer ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  that simmer and float is the final indignity for me and my senses.

jakethesnake:
How can anyone get a sore backside in a modern truck? Try and old AEC or a Guy Big J or most older vehicles and you will realise how lucky you are. It was bad enough but then you had to turn the steering wheel whilst fully loaded in a tight space. Mind you your backside got a rest then as you sometimes had to stand up to turn. :laughing:

Dreaming again

DSMRookie:

ArcticMonkey:

Bro, you need to change your clothes and take a shower as soon as you get home [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly who comes in, in there work gear and plonks down on the sofa YUK

Canā€™t believe bad seats and Scania havenā€™t been mentioned until now :smiley:

dozy:
weā€™ve drivers on about buying seat covers as a repair , what kind of tin pot company do they work for , unbelievable

It was that Maoster bloke that suggested it doze, yer rightā€¦what kind of tin pot co does he work for eh?
Unbelievable :unamused:
Get him an application form for Stobbies, he needs a decent company. :bulb:
A nice Christmas prezzie from you to him . :sunglasses: