Drivers pay cut cos of fuel costs?

Speaking to a driver today who informed me they have had to take a pay cut , because there firm cant afford the fuel increase anymore , RESULT = all 30 drivers are now looking for a new job , is this a one off ? or the start of a trend ,

If that’s the state of the company then they’re better off out of it anyway. :unamused:

I wonder if the boss took a pay cut?

Looks like an old trick to me.

Lads, time are hard. Can you take a pay cut while things pick up?
If you don’t i might as well shut the gates now.
You think you have no choice. Keep your job on less money or no job at all.
Give it a couple of months and watch for the new trailers turning up and see if his missus get a new car.
That happened in preston, When the drivers saw this, they all walked. He pleaded with them to come back paid them what he owed them and some more. He thought he got himself out of the crap. They walked when the cheques cleared. :laughing:

I think thats called driver justice nice one . ive also heard about drivers being asked to give up bonus money etc normal money for bank holidays instead of double bubble , why do bosess think or expect drivers to take the brunt of running costs , Touch the crap wages were already on and drivers walk !! its that simple , and as everybody in the driving game knows it doesnt take long for word to get around , try and get drivers with that title attached . You,ve been warned . :imp: :angry: :imp:

Every haulage firm is suffering the same, and have no right to cut drivers wages. Even though our firm keeps spreading rumours about cutting back on the fleet, and getting rid of drivers. They did it before, because they can rely on owner drivers, but they have recently upset a few, by cutting down on the amount of work subbed out, and are keeping a lot of work for themselves, in house so to speak. It does make sense to save money when their out goings are getting higher, but we have just been given a pay rise which puts us on £32 grand…not bad for a recession…mind you its all our own work…our own fruits of our labour…ha ha

IF the owner is so stupid as to not have a
fuel surcharge clause and also a clause
for unforseen costs in the contract then
he has made a very big mistake,Over here
all blue chip firms have increased there
payments due to the maut,and the fuel increases
and this being payed to the german transporter
firms with out a hint of disagreement

Wonder if the company gives extra wage increases when the company is doing well ? I doubt it.

Its unacceptable espec with increase in fuel costs, meaning getting to works more expensive, food and everything else is more expensive. So we are worse off anyways without a company trying to introduce a pay cut.