Drivers Neg! Arggggggggh

So now, you not only have to have held your bl@@dy licence for 2 years, but now you have to demonstrate 180 days driving experience to cover Driver Negligence insurance to get a bl@@dy job!

How do you get the experience if you need the experience to get a job!!!

I feel like pulling out what little hair I have left :imp:

don’t get too worried :smiley: look Christmas is looming upon us and believe me when the companies need a driver cos little tarquin wants his stars wars whatever or little Chloe just gotta have the next thing that is in for girls those requirements seem to disappear , just keep applying for the jobs, even if the 2 years thing is there take anything and you will get that chance to prove yourself and once that important first run is out the way and there you have it that experience under ya belt , just be patient it will happen honest

good luck t ya

jenx

I used to work for a small family run company that went out of business when I was looking for a start.

Ofcourse it was all in my head. They never existed and I never worked for anyone of the sort.

Give RT KEEDWELL a try when i passed my lgv1 i had no experience driving trucks only coach driving. They took me on but that was 2005, anyway give them a call you never know.

Good Luck :smiley:

Cheers for the replies. I’ve actually been fairly lucky so far (though I do believe you tend to make your own luck). I passed my Class 2 in Dec '10 & I’ve been working full time ever since early Feb '11 driving rigids.

The problem is that there is very little opportunity to drive Class 1 where I am (passed Class 1 15 months ago), but it’s very difficult to leave a full time job to take a chance doing agency work (I have a family to support!)

The (very few) local places that seem to take a chance on “inexperiences” drivers (I’ve been driving HGV’s for nearly 2 years now, but since it doesn’t bend in the middle, it doesn’t seam to count!!!) pay worse than my Class 2 job. One even would only take me on if I paid the first £1000 of any insurance claim myself!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: