Drivers meetings

we have a meeting tomorrow (supposed to be monthly :unamused: ) and it is basically a chance for us to get our grievances heard.

out of 10 drivers, at least half will not be attending and this lot includes BOTH of our reps. one of them had the bright idea of holding the meeting on our busiest day of the week :unamused:

do you lot have them?

ever made any difference?

We have them quite a lot its a chance for us to have a moan and them to have a moan h&s, pay etc etc.

The ususal moan from them is M.P.G.

The usual moan from us is the office staff being as useful asa ■■■■ in a spacesuit, E.G. if i start at 4pm and6 other guys will start between then and 8PM i will be made to wait for my trailer to be loaded while the other guys come in and get away, Its logical to give an 8pm driver a load that you were told at 4pm wont be loaded for 4 hours but NO the3y make us sit about for 4 hours.

We suggest h&s changes to them, we ask for a payrise, we ask for some other changes to be made, we moan about some of the 9hour drive trunks we have to do.

At the end of it absolutely ■■■■ all changes i personally wont be going to any more as they are a total waste of time, the thing is do you have a boss who wants to listen to your problem and alter them to make your job easier or do you have a boss who is never wrong like we do■■?..

6 months down the line and i dont even know where his office is. does that answer your question? this is the guy who sent all the supervisors on a course at the same time leaving himself and the admin girl to cover 4 desks last monday :unamused:

Not had them with a haulage company, mostly worked for small firms, so it’s easy just to go and chat to the boss.
But did have the for a while when I worked for a Cash & Carry, it did improve things as there was a flow of information both ways and management did act of some problems or explained why something was done that way. It had a positive effect on the Company as there were less damages or mistakes at the tills.
They were stopped when a new assistant manager took over and his attitude was that I’m manager I don’t listen to you, you listen to me and the damages and mistakes at the tills went back to pre meeting levels.

scanny77:
we have a meeting tomorrow (supposed to be monthly :unamused: ) and it is basically a chance for us to get our grievances heard.

out of 10 drivers, at least half will not be attending and this lot includes BOTH of our reps. one of them had the bright idea of holding the meeting on our busiest day of the week :unamused:

do you lot have them?

ever made any difference?

At one company I worked at they did. Managed to negociate a 50% payrise over about 18 months when they bluntly pointed out to the management why they had trouble getting and keeping drivers.

it was cancelled again. only 3 drivers made it back in time for it so it was called off. this is because of one of our reps scheduling in on a tuesday which is our busiest day :unamused:

We are supposed to be having one on saturday :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The bosses gripe is too much waiting time being booked in

Last night started at 5pm and told to collect 2 pallets from team valley and to be in spalding for 9pm to catch the Irish Trunk :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Got there 9.45 and then sat waiting (Well slept) until 02:50am for pallets for the return load coming in from Norwich ,Kent and unbelievably Gateshead :smiley: :smiley:

So I didnt book it down as waiting time I put it on the sheet as Break as I’m still paid for waiting & breaks with exception to 30 mins :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Davey Driver:
The bosses gripe is too much waiting time being booked in

Tell him to come and spend a night in the wagon with you some time and see what its like, he might just be surprised.

A night in the wagon are you joking! Our lot start at 7:30 finish at 5:30 99.9% of the drivers are gone by 5:30, It hasbeen suggested they try taking the wagon out themselves but as one can only drive a 7.5 and the other one still needs L plates on a horse (trainee jockey) hmmmmm they can’t quite manage it, but of course they still know the best way to do the job!!!

Maybe they will replace you with Polish drivers who will cut the waiting time to a minimum… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know you digging Preston Brook on that one jammy!

:laughing:

Total times to date for this week are something like

Driving 24:30 hrs

Other work 2.40

Breaks 2hrs 15 mins

Officially POA (Waiting Time) 14:35 mins and thats just in 3 shifts :open_mouth: :open_mouth: recorded as breaks

I’ll be at Spalding again tonight around 9:30pm and wont be surprised in the least if I’m still sitting there after 2am and doing yet another split shift.
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Only ever been to one driver’s meeting in my driving life. It was the brainchild of the new TM and he walked into a room full of drivers and came out with the following.

“I was a Royal Marine, they are the cream of the British Military and I am going to turn you lot into the cream of the freight forwarding industry.” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well, after we had all stopped laughing, which took a while, several of us just walked out and left him standing there. Never went to another meeting because as far as I could see they were a waste of time.

Coffeeholic:
“I was a Royal Marine, they are the cream of the British Military and I am going to turn you lot into the cream of the freight forwarding industry.” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tiggz:
I know you digging Preston Brook on that one jammy!

:laughing:

:slight_smile::).

Theres only one site in B&Q where you NEVER have to wait either for a load or for an empty trailer and that is?,Swindon and i havent been for about 2 months.

I thnik you told them to keep me away as it might cost you 20p for a coffee :slight_smile::):P:P…