Drivers meeting

do any of you have drivers meetings arranged with you transport managers or senior management from your company where they tell you how fantastic they are & to ‘disscuss’ any grievances from either side of the fence ? If so what sort of things do you discuss?

its a time where they tell things are tight and we are still in difficult times… ect ect.

then they go out side and dish out the bonus checks.

another one is agree with the drivers whatever they want and then never follow the promises through.

just for once, go into the meeting badger them into a massive payrise also you want a fleet of ssc’s and dont forget the company cars for all the drivers. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: throw them on the back foot. :grimacing:

MolePower:
do any of you have drivers meetings arranged with you transport managers or senior management from your company where they tell you how fantastic they are & to ‘disscuss’ any grievances from either side of the fence ? If so what sort of things do you discuss?

This well-known company (at least in T/Net circles) is only a small one but we have had meetings in the past, unfortunately personal health circumstances mean we haven’t done for a few months although I think each driver knows there is someone there to listen to and try to act on any problem they may have. We feel it is important to keep everyone informed, and praised where it’s due :smiley: and given a (private) bollocking if that’s due too :frowning: . We also send out a newsletter from time to time - even the boss and the transport manager gets a copy. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: (I know the current drivers haven’t yet had one - since they are T/net members I had to put that before they correct me on the forum) From time to time we also have social events. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Things we’ve discussed in the past: vehicle checks or lack of, possible changes in the way wages are calculated, hours, any problems with ‘their’ company i.e. the one they are subbed to - it’s usually with the controller rather than the actual company, etc.
We try to end the meetings on a ‘high’ with plans for a social event, e.g. christmas meal or a bbq. :smiley: :smiley:

jessicas dad:
its a time where they tell things are tight and we are still in difficult times… ect ect.

then they go out side and dish out the bonus checks.

another one is agree with the drivers whatever they want and then never follow the promises through.

just for once, go into the meeting badger them into a massive payrise also you want a fleet of ssc’s and dont forget the company cars for all the drivers. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: throw them on the back foot. :grimacing:

steady on JD :open_mouth:

jessicas dad:

then they (management) go into an adjoining room pull the blinds shut and have a money fight — before recomposing them selves opening the blinds and coming back out to break the bad news they don’t have the money and say something along the lines of — “helllloooo credit crunch!!!■■ Where the hell you been drive for the last 2 years” while knocking on the side of your head with his knuckle…

quote edited for ya JD :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

on a serious note if you have one of these meetings you basically stand in front of 3 members of management from the transport department sitting there in all their bling, they’ll give you a pair of sunglasses upon entering the room so your not blinded by all their shiny jewels and gold bling. you have to sign 7 different pieces of legal paperwork before the sun glasses are issued to you and if you don’t hand them back your wages get docked the next week - also if you keep the pen by accident again that also gets taken from your wages. anyhow…im drifting off topic.

Once you’ve signed for the sun glasses you’re made to stand there till management acknowledge you, if you give a small cough they’ll stop talking among themselves and give you a look as to say “yes■■? Can I help you”

you will then get 3 minutes to get your points across, if you say something that one of management don’t like you get a buzzer, 3 buzzers and that’s it your out the door, good bye. NEXT :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Depot manager every month (waste of frigin time)

Regional manager every 3 months (fleet damage, depot performance , any serious issues you have)

Northern network manager every 6 months (usually pay, sharepower , company perforamance etc)

I don’t really bother going does my ■■■■ in. The drivers at my place are a very odd bunch wouldn’t think twice about sticking the knife in so i just keep my head down and don’t go.

Not at this place.
Used to have a monthly at the stationary place I was at where all drivers were in attendance, followed by a Q+A to the TM which if he couldnt answer then was always answered at the next meeting,
Best manager I have ever worked for.

DHL at the airport used to hold monthly meetings which consisted of us all listening how badly we were doing as a company, how well the drivers did their jobs and a whole load of promises which were never followed up.