Drivers Medicals

Hello,

I’m at the moment one very confused person.

I’ve had a reminder about my licence renewal and am struggling to understand expiry dates and medical D4 Form needs.
I’m 28 years old and passed my Class 2 in December 2018. I passed my PCV test in 2014.

My pink photocard licence expires 5.11.2019. On the back of that card it says D Expiry 2036 and C Expiry 2036
My DQC (blue card) expires 2022 and on the back D expired 13.10.2019 and C expires 2022

My bus licence has expired but my lorry has not expired yet. Filling in the D47PU form, it says “the entitlement you want” “I want to renew my driving licence WITH or WITHOUT Lorry/Bus”

Will I need a D4 medical for both? Will I even need a D4 medical as I have done one previously in 2018.

If you need more info please ask

Thank you!

You won’t need a medical.

Your options are:

1. Renew your licence with whatever lorry/bus entitlements you already have;
  2. renew your licence but lose the lorry and/or bus entitlements (if you only want to drive cars, vans and motorbikes).

Seems to me that you just need to renew the photo

The DQC should have both LGV & PCV expiring at the same time so I am a little confused as to why not — have you done 35 hours periodic driver cpc covering both or just the initial cpcs :question:

You don’t need a medical to renew the licence. On the back of the renewal form the signature box is your declaration that you are medicaly fit

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk