Drivers medical MOTOR SPORT

I’ve been looking into getting a national B race licence, I just read you need a medical as part of the application.

Does anyone know if our LGV medicals mean anything towards this? I only took my medical last year for my cat C provisional so wasn’t sure if it would mean I didn’t need another one?

I can’t see the medical its self being all that much different?

anyone else done this??

Try the Rally sport forum or fire off an email to the MSA.
They should advise and I don’t know myself as I only pick them up when they are broken down.
Sorry I can’t be more help…

No it doesn’t.

As a former holder of said Nat B licence, you’ll find that the MSA’s money making machine doesn’t recognise anything else hence why I went autograss racing instead.

I take it from your location you want one after seeing the Rally of Wales last week? :laughing: (It’s not a proper rally these days.)

Ken.

Quinny:
I take it from your location you want one after seeing the Rally of Wales last week? :laughing: (It’s not a proper rally these days.)

No I didn’t get to see it.

I’ve been toying with the idea for quite a long time. I done one of those ‘experience days’ today in a Lambo (■■■■■■■ amazing! LINKY)

I intend on picking up a cheap little car for track day use. Then once I’m comfortable with track driving going into competitive racing (finance permitting)

Was just hoping I could get away with one less expense with the medical :frowning: :frowning:

The problem is you are paying for the quack to sign and stamp the form, nothing to do with are you fit enough.

We have a fairly tame Doctor in Derby who helps with the ACU FIM race licences, who is much cheaper than a GP.

That doesn’t mean Grand Prix either :laughing:

My own doctor charges £90 for either

I’m thinkin’ as other have said, it’s bugger all about your medical fitness. But a year is a long time anyway, so a year old medical means nothing, just like a year old CRB check.

I had a medical to drive airside, a damned site more indepth than the HGV medical, but still had to sit my HGV medical in the same month

LR18-8:

Quinny:

I’ve been toying with the idea for quite a long time. I done one of those ‘experience days’ today in a Lambo ([zb] amazing! LINKY)

Love the wipers at the end mate - I speak on all my track day vids so won’t put them up :blush:

LR18-8:
I intend on picking up a cheap little car for track day use. Then once I’m comfortable with track driving going into competitive racing (finance permitting)

Was just hoping I could get away with one less expense with the medical :frowning: :frowning:

waynedl:
Love the wipers at the end mate - I speak on all my track day vids so won’t put them up :blush:

Why does that stop you putting them online?

The wipers were REALLY close to the shift paddle. I knocked them on a couple of times lol

LR18-8:

waynedl:

Why does that stop you putting them online?

The wipers were REALLY close to the shift paddle. I knocked them on a couple of times lol

I’ve no idea what I sound like in person, but my recorded voice even annoys me lol

waynedl:
I’ve no idea what I sound like in person, but my recorded voice even annoys me lol

hahaha :smiley: :smiley: no body likes their ‘recorded’ voice! :smiley:

LR18-8:

waynedl:

hahaha :smiley: :smiley: no body likes their ‘recorded’ voice! :smiley:

No why is that? You would think if we find it annoying what must other people think

LR18-8:

Quinny:

I’ve been toying with the idea for quite a long time. I done one of those ‘experience days’ today in a Lambo ([zb] amazing! LINKY)

I woulda thought a lambo would have been faster :S.

Also i dont see why you want to get your b licence to do trackdays, yes once you get better and mayby want to move onto comps etc but no need for track days. just get a car, prep it, get on the track and be prepared for it to get damaged.

gogzy:

LR18-8:

Quinny:

I woulda thought a lambo would have been faster :S.

Also i dont see why you want to get your b licence to do trackdays, yes once you get better and mayby want to move onto comps etc but no need for track days. just get a car, prep it, get on the track and be prepared for it to get damaged.

They are faster, but the experience days aren’t really about destroying the cars (as much as some think they are), they’re about having a feel for them and experiencing them.
If you listen to the engine, it’s not working anywhere near it’s limit, and he’s being told to change up about 1/2 way through the rev range.

For quick though, you’ve got to drive the Nissan GTR, it’s months ago I drove it and still can’t get over just how damned quick it was. Awesome machine. Still prefer my bike though :sunglasses:

gogzy:

I’m not going for the licence yet. My intention is to get a cheap hatchback to take on track days. Then once I feel read for comps then get the licence.

I’m just looking into the licence atm not actually starting the process of obtaining one.

I must admit I thought the lambo would be quicker than it was, even just under acceleration. It didn’t feel as quick off the mark as expected.

The circuit wasn’t that big either to be honest. I think I’d probably only got it up to about 90mph on the straights even if it did rev higher. the braking zone was very rapidly approaching lol

The only down side to this was that I got 4 laps. on the 3rd I was starting to feel comfortable in the car and feeling more confident throwing it into the corners. But by that time my drive was up and had to go back to the paddock :frowning: :frowning:

Bit ■■■■■ how u can’t even go upto a 100 at least , have the instructors got pedals aswell or ? He makes u brake quite early I think surely people go on these days out to “thrash” a supercar not pay a lot of money to do barely 90 :frowning: I don’t think I’ll be attending 1 like I was thinking of doing lol! But I must admit I would love to drive a GTR unbelievable cars

Smoggie89:
Bit [zb] how u can’t even go upto a 100 at least , have the instructors got pedals aswell or ? He makes u brake quite early I think surely people go on these days out to “thrash” a supercar not pay a lot of money to do barely 90 :frowning: I don’t think I’ll be attending 1 like I was thinking of doing lol! But I must admit I would love to drive a GTR unbelievable cars

The ones I’ve been on, the instructor doesn’t have pedals, he’s there to guide you, if they think you’re upto it and you ask them, they’ll guide you to going REALLY quick, but they have no control or powers, so if you want to trash it you can, but make sure it’s your last car of the day, because you won’t be driving any more.

They are worth doing, even if you’re not thrashing them, just to get a feel for different cars and what the power feels like - power is power not speed - and grip in a reletively safe environment.

A lad who’s done a couple that I’ve been on had been on 20, so they knew him by name and he went really quick, others were on their 1st and just wanted to thrash the cars, these were identified pretty sharpish - and, as usual, they’re also usually the worst drivers, erratic and jerky and generally crap.

As said above no dual controls, the instructor is there to give you guidance.

If I were in the passenger seat and instructing someone who has never been in anything bigger than a 2.0 hatchback I wouldn’t let them go very fast either lol.

I was going to post up the pictures of the day but their back at home on my desktop. I was going to link them images from facebook but I’m not going through 30 odd images individually getting links.

You should be able to see the facebook album as I set it to public. facebook.com/media/set/?set= … 206&type=3

Will replace link with the real photos when I’m home next.

See i couldnt go on one of those experience days, id get a bollocking for getting the arse end of the car out…

but then again i also like to chase a fully specced up toyota soarer from the british drift championship on a stock car track. (im the silver one with no rear bumper…and stuck on hazard lights :S - dont ask lol)

youtube.com/watch?v=LugPNOmQ-lA

LOL! I remember the eye test (read the number plate) :exclamation: It was my own car :slight_smile:

I’ve been on an Everyman Racing driving experience too.
It’s true what they say, you won’t get a chance to redline it at all, although that said, the circuit I was on (Prestwold) is quite short, so 90 between the corners isn’t too bad.
If you’re looking to purchase, go via quidco, to Buyagift and look for the famous 5 experience (currently £200, but cost can be as little as £130, and quico will give you £15 back too).
You can also get a passenger lap in some of the cars too, like the Aerial Atom :smiley:
If you want to try hammering it without an instructor, I recommend single seaters at Silverstone, but if you spin, its game over.

Dav1d:
I’ve been on an Everyman Racing driving experience too.
It’s true what they say, you won’t get a chance to redline it at all, although that said, the circuit I was on (Prestwold) is quite short, so 90 between the corners isn’t too bad.
If you’re looking to purchase, go via quidco, to Buyagift and look for the famous 5 experience (currently £200, but cost can be as little as £130, and quico will give you £15 back too).
You can also get a passenger lap in some of the cars too, like the Aerial Atom :smiley:
If you want to try hammering it without an instructor, I recommend single seaters at Silverstone, but if you spin, its game over.

I’ve never done one of these but I’ve raced motorbikes for many years & I have to say you’ve simply got to try Oulton Park, compared to all the short circuits like Lydden Hill & Three Sisters it’s in another class. For racing I prefer Brands Hatch but Oulton has to be the most picturesque track in the UK!!! Try it:)

Ross.