Drivers Looking for Work? Where do you Look?

I am trying to get an understanding for out company of where you professional drivers actually go looking when seeking to change your job or get a job, where do you look? Magazines, web sites, job centre, any guidance would be greatly appreciated. :grimacing:

The areas I am looking for are Nottingham, Lincoln, Peterborough, Leicester and Northampton.

where you liveā– ā– ?

I go for the different/quirky type of work out there, eg the last job i heard about and could have got a start was moving Mining equipment in Africa.

Iā€™ve over the years got a circle of friends who all seem to drifting from one job to the next!
eg one lad at my current job was fired about 18 month ago, since then heā€™s been out in Kuwait for the Yanks bringing military kit out of Iraq to port then he did a stint Formula 1 (hospitality side) and now heā€™s in Canada.

Heā€™s just one of a few who I know who are always driving trucks somewhere other than the M6, so itā€™s just a case of making contacts and keeping your ear to the ground I think, Social network sites are good for this. Although driving bores me, I no longer look for trucking work anymore, Iam in employment driving at the moment but currently starting a little venture which may take off.

Rapido and Eures job sites or Gumtree.

Place a free ad in one of the truck mags and wait fir phone to ring for a job offer or try the vosa o licence applications web site to locate firms in your area.

I look on Directgov Jobs everyday but Iā€™m fed up with ā€œCompany Confidentialā€ and ā€œYet More Agencies.ā€ Google Search is very hit and miss, and Easy As HGV are still advertising long filled jobs.
I saw my current one advertised in a paper shop but Iā€™ve got my name down with a local tipper outfit after I emailed them a cv last night. I got a response back within minutes.

Justin71:
I am trying to get an understanding for out company of where you professional drivers actually go looking when seeking to change your job or get a job, where do you look? Magazines, web sites, job centre, any guidance would be greatly appreciated. :grimacing:

The areas I am looking for are Nottingham, Lincoln, Peterborough, Leicester and Northampton.

I look for parasitical agencies who make money off the backs of others whilst doing very little work themselves. The best ones want you to have your own company and everything, imagine that, my own firmā€¦ Woohoo! I like the way they want me to do everything whilst they take a percentage of my money for making a few phone calls, itā€™s great knowing Iā€™d be driving the economy forward. In fact if I was an employee of agency or thinking of starting one, Iā€™d create an account on somewhere like Trucknet and ask some banal questions of the simple minded drivers who frequent it. That way Iā€™d get all the juicy inside info and a handle on how little theyā€™re prepared to work for.

Scanner:

Justin71:

I look for parasitical agencies who make money off the backs of others whilst doing very little work themselves. The best ones want you to have your own company and everything, imagine that, my own firmā€¦ Woohoo! I like the way they want me to do everything whilst they take a percentage of my money for making a few phone calls, itā€™s great knowing Iā€™d be driving the economy forward. In fact if I was an employee of agency or thinking of starting one, Iā€™d create an account on somewhere like Trucknet and ask some banal questions of the simple minded drivers who frequent it. That way Iā€™d get all the juicy inside info and a handle on how little theyā€™re prepared to work for.

Quality!! :slight_smile:

Young_AL:

Scanner:

Justin71:

Seconded.

Weā€™re all fed up of bloody parasites, and pray they get all the numpties working for them whoā€™ll smash up every bloody lorry they ever get their hands on and cost said parasites every rotten penny they have.

Juddian:

Young_AL:

Seconded.

Thirdā€¦ ered?