Drivers hours

Hi folks been on bed for 3hours now what can I reduce my break down to nite I seem to think I can have 8 off so do a 16 hr day but not sure

Donnyboy:
Hi folks been on bed for 3hours now what can I reduce my break down to nite I seem to think I can have 8 off so do a 16 hr day but not sure

No it’s 9 for a 15.

I stand to be corrected but 9 off

As long as the 9 fits into the 24 hour period from when the shift started along with a full 3 off during the shift and a 9 off after the shift then its a regular daily rest

Driver-Once-More:
I stand to be corrected but 9 off

It’s ok you can sit and relax because you’re correct.

If I understood correct if I work 15 have 9 off it counts as an 11 sorry to be a pain but never been in this predicament befor

Donnyboy:
If I understood correct if I work 15 have 9 off it counts as an 11 sorry to be a pain but never been in this predicament befor

With the 3 unbroken hours of rest during the shift = yes

Donnyboy:

If you have three consecutive hours of rest during the shift then another nine consecutive hours rest after the shift, it’s a split daily rest period and does not count as a reduced daily rest period.

As usual the nine hour rest period must be competed within 24 hours from the start of the shift.

Cheers for that everyone it has probably helped me as probably wouldn’t of got my 11off 2nite so at least now I have a 15 for tomorrow just the way I like it

Hello ive recently gained my artic licence after driving 8 wheeler’s under domestic hour’s, and im having a weeks trial on tramping i have some concerns regarding drivers hours, if anyone could help it would be really appreciated :slight_smile: if i had driven for 9 hours and was to work 14 hours on duty and have 9 off as a reduced daily rest what happens to the other hour left in the 24 hour period can i start to drive when the 9 hour break is up, or does it mean i have to wait until the 24 hour period ends??

tomoR420:
Hello ive recently gained my artic licence after driving 8 wheeler’s under domestic hour’s, and im having a weeks trial on tramping i have some concerns regarding drivers hours, if anyone could help it would be really appreciated :slight_smile: if i had driven for 9 hours and was to work 14 hours on duty and have 9 off as a reduced daily rest what happens to the other hour left in the 24 hour period can i start to drive when the 9 hour break is up, or does it mean i have to wait until the 24 hour period ends??

have a look at your thread you posted Tomo

oh and Donnyboy a spot of reading 4 you , just save the link in ur fav its always handy to have a copy even on your phone …

gov.uk/drivers-hours/eu-rules

tomoR420:

taking a rest period resets the daily driving time