Drivers hours

I’ve an hours question I work for a supermarket delivering shopping part time got a question about hours
I work fri evening for 4 hours
Can I do a full days work then do my 4 hours in the evening ?

As long as you dont go over 15 hours total for that day

Madguy :imp:

madguy:
As long as you dont go over 15 hours total for that day

Madguy :imp:

Hmmm …

As long as it is not more than 15 hours from the start of the first job to the end of the second job

Don’t forget as well you have to keep a log of all hours worked that week in any other job as that would be classed as other work. Best keep a diary listing your hours worked in other employment, then Mr postman can’t say you were trying to hide anything :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Right thanks
I’ve got a book & I’m recording every thing I do
It’s a very steep learning curve I’m going to make some mistakes along the way
Think it might be a good idea to book myself on one of those driver hours & tacho cpc courses

According to the regulations in any week where EU regs driving was done then the records for that week must be officially recorded

That means any other work such as that done in anoother non driving job

Domestic record sheet if domestic driving was done
Seperate analogue cards - one for each day
Seperate entries on a digi roll printout
Manually inputted onto a digi

A simple diary is not an officially recognised record for the EU regs

So am I right in thinking that I have to make a manual entry of work done between the last time I used my card & the next time I use it

Jase73:
So am I right in thinking that I have to make a manual entry of work done between the last time I used my card & the next time I use it

Yes - it’s easy enough to do on a digi tachograph.

Jase73:

Depends on whether that work was done in a week when you came under EU regs

The authorities need to see all other work done on other days in a week (sunday midnight to sunday midnight) if you did anything under EU regs in that week
No EU regs done in a week then no records required

What I would do in your situation is this as you work every friday for 4 hours …

IF THE REGULAR JOB IS NOT EU DRIVING but the home delivery is
Seprate analogue cards, one for each day with name, date, start & finish times on each, for the other work including fridays then use digi/analogue to record the home delivery

IF THE REGULAR JOB IS EU DRIVING but the home delivery is not (vehicle under 3.5 tonnes)
Use seperate analogue card for the home delivery - manual entry

IF BOTH ARE UNDER EU REGS
Then keep the usual driver records from both

Any manually made out analogue cards that simply recorded other work from a non EU regs job can be binned after 28 calender days

On the fridays when doing the home delivery job the start time from the first job to the finish time on the home delivery job must not be more than 15 hours

So if I have a couple weeks worth of shifts between tacho driving do I have to enter them all

Jase73:
I’ve an hours question I work for a supermarket delivering shopping part time got a question about hours
I work fri evening for 4 hours
Can I do a full days work then do my 4 hours in the evening ?

Have sent a PM on a link that should explain everything for you. Hope it helps.

Jase73:
So if I have a couple weeks worth of shifts between tacho driving do I have to enter them all

Any other work done in a WEEK (sunday midnight to sunday midnight) when EU regs driving was done needs to be officially recorded
If no EU regs driving was done in a WEEK then no official records are needed