Drivers hours

Would i be legal if i was to drive for 8 hours on Sunday then start another job Sunday night then work through the night ?

No, you’d be working for 16 hours, a road transport worker can only a maximum of 15.

ok thank you for the quick response :smiley:

newboy23:
Would i be legal if i was to drive for 8 hours on Sunday then start another job Sunday night then work through the night ?

If not 9 hours off between shifts then its a max of 15 hours from starting job 1 to finishing job 2 and all that is depending if you have a reduced daily rest available

As Rog said depends on start and finish times. Start at 01:00 sun finish 10:00 then start again 19:00 no problem or even start at 21:00 you’ve had either a 9 or an 11 off

Can I work from Tuesday through to Sunday next week if I’ve only done 1 days driving this week but it will be a Sunday night going through to 7 Monday morning or would I need to take another day off in the week ?

newboy23:
Can I work from Tuesday through to Sunday next week if I’ve only done 1 days driving this week but it will be a Sunday night going through to 7 Monday morning or would I need to take another day off in the week ?

What is the time line ?
Such as
Off mon tue wed thu fri sat
Work sun ? to mon 0700
Work tue ? to sun ?

So this week I would work Sunday into Monday finish at 7 in the morning the work from Tuesday till Sunday doing days

newboy23:
So this week I would work Sunday into Monday finish at 7 in the morning the work from Tuesday till Sunday doing days

Please give us the exact time line so we can give you a definitive answer - see my post above

Work sun to Monday 0700
Work tue through till Sunday

newboy23:
Work sun to Monday 0700
Work tue through till Sunday

What time tue to what time sun ?

Tue to sun will start at 0500 and finish about 14.00ish

newboy23:
Work sun to Monday 0700 …Tue to sun will start at 0500 and finish about 14.00ish

As there is not 24 hours off between mon 0700 and tue 0500 then the 144 hour clock before the next weekly rest must be taken starts at whatever time you start on the first sunday - that means if sunday started at say 2000 then the next weekly rest must start no later than Saturday 2000

From the first sunday midnight your driving hours start counting for the tue to sun run

Thanks ROG :wink: