Drivers Hours. So I Finally Had A Go!

For years people have been asking and I’ve been wanting to make a #TopTips video about drivers hours but fact I don’t do scripted videos stood in way. So I bit the bullet and wrote a video and I think it came out ok. Not perfect but accurate and not as boring as I expected!

Think of all the rest breaks you will have accrued, when you get your licence back. :wink:

Star down under.:
Think of all the rest breaks you will have accrued, when you get your licence back. :wink:

I’ve been booking it down as POA

Just need to do an EU version now, incorporating the derogration brought in until 31/01/22

LazyDriver:
Just need to do an EU version now, incorporating the derogration brought in until 31/01/22

Well it’s certainly not U.K. domestic hours so not sure what you mean?

switchlogic:

LazyDriver:

Well it’s certainly not U.K. domestic hours so not sure what you mean?

There’s another temporary relaxation of the EU regulations being discussed in the thread linked to below.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 2&t=171252

Ah thank you, I see. It was a conscious decision to leave out the derogations as they are, hopefully, temporary and I want the video to last and not get bogged down with stuff that’s only passing. Will be doing an opinion piece about the Irish changes though shortly as I think they’re ridiculous

switchlogic:
Ah thank you, I see. It was a conscious decision to leave out the derogations as they are, hopefully, temporary and I want the video to last and not get bogged down with stuff that’s only passing. Will be doing an opinion piece about the Irish changes though shortly as I think they’re ridiculous

Ex head of the IRHA pushing them through as she is now a TD complete madness and hopefully most drivers will stand up and say no well except the usual suspects from Wexford who will no doubt be threatened with the sack if they refuse to work the new hours.

When someone sent me the Irish versions I was gobsmacked! Basically allows 3 weeks work with 9 off every night and 2 24’s

switchlogic:
When someone sent me the Irish versions I was gobsmacked! Basically allows 3 weeks work with 9 off every night and 2 24’s

Someone with pointy shoes said it is safe. So it must be safe.

switchlogic:

Is 45hrs really required for rest and recuperation? I agree it’s required for work/life balance but I imagine that 24 hrs could be enough of a rest, just makes for a ■■■■ life.

stu675:

switchlogic:

Is 45hrs really required for rest and recuperation? I agree it’s required for work/life balance but I imagine that 24 hrs could be enough of a rest, just makes for a [zb] life.

Not strictly depends on the person but it’s annoying because they are simply doing the usual thing of ■■■■■■■■ on the drivers because it’s the easy option