drivers hours question

Hi all, i am waiting for my license back from the DVLA so i can start applying for jobs with agencies and the like, but i have a few questions regarding the hours

I currently have a full time job, work roughly 40 hours a week, mon - fri, working in a warehouse, the only option i have is to work weekends to get my experience up so i can get a full time job, i don’t want to leave my current job for something thats temporary then be out of work

Am i right in saying that my jobs hours will come off my driving hours? So will be 56 - 40, so i can work a maximum of 16 hours on the weekend?

Since its 90 hours every 2 weeks, that will also mean i can only drive every other weekend?

I have also forgot to get a digital tacho, just trying to get hold of a form, do many companies take you on without one or is it pretty much mandatory? How long do they normally take to come through?

Thanks in advance

colz1234:
Hi all, i am waiting for my license back from the DVLA so i can start applying for jobs with agencies and the like, but i have a few questions regarding the hours

I currently have a full time job, work roughly 40 hours a week, mon - fri, working in a warehouse, the only option i have is to work weekends to get my experience up so i can get a full time job, i don’t want to leave my current job for something thats temporary then be out of work

Am i right in saying that my jobs hours will come off my driving hours? So will be 56 - 40, so i can work a maximum of 16 hours on the weekend?

Since its 90 hours every 2 weeks, that will also mean i can only drive every other weekend?

I have also forgot to get a digital tacho, just trying to get hold of a form, do many companies take you on without one or is it pretty much mandatory? How long do they normally take to come through?

Thanks in advance

Work hours in warehouse are under the normal WTD
Driving under EU regs hours are under RTD
The two do not get added together

The 90 hours is for driving time only under EU regs in any two weeks

With a mon to fri job the generally you can drive for one day every other weekend because of the weekly rest requirements
If you do work either the sat or sun then the work you did mon to fri in that same week must also be officially recorded and the easiest way is to use a separate analogue card for each day with your name date start and finish time on each

You have a long way to go in understanding the regulations so I suggest taking to your lgv school about doing driver cpc course on the subject

You can download a digi tacho form off the internet - google for it

ok, thanks Rog, much appreciated

colz1234:

Thanks in advance

I doubt most agency will even give you an interview these day without a driver card.

No offence intended mate, but if you think your normal working hours will come off your driving time you shouldn’t even look for work until you’ve learned a bit more about the regulations.

ROG:

colz1234:

Thanks in advance

Work hours in warehouse are under the normal WTD
Driving under EU regs hours are under RTD
The two do not get added together

The 90 hours is for driving time only under EU regs in any two weeks

With a mon to fri job the generally you can drive for one day every other weekend because of the weekly rest requirements
If you do work either the sat or sun then the work you did mon to fri in that same week must also be officially recorded and the easiest way is to use a separate analogue card for each day with your name date start and finish time on each

You have a long way to go in understanding the regulations so I suggest taking to your lgv school about doing driver cpc course on the subject

I hope this makes sense to the OP…always a shame to quench enthusiasm.