Drivers hours for newbie emergency

Hi to everyone on here I’ve passed my mod 4 CPC today and have a class 2 licence but I’m very confused about the drivers hours , I understand the basics (like can only drive 4.5 hours before a 45 main break etc) but its the actual working hours I don’t understand over a weekly period I have read many posts on here but still confused after two theory’s I thought I would of understood but no lol on a side note I don’t think the CPC has helped me one bit ie safely loading a truck is the least of my worries if I can’t get my head around these hours thanks in advance if anyone could give me a easy breakdown PS ive downloaded the PDF off DSA website but still no clearer

Hi buddy. Im still getting to grips myself. I know most of it. Congrats on the pass on mod 4 by the way :smiley: . Right these weekly hours… you can drive 56 hours in a WEEK. now thats DRIVING TIME. Dosnt include the other work your doing. Unloading etc. Only drive 90 hours in 2WEEKS. so 2nd week you can only drive 34 hours… hope this helps bud :smiley:

The biggest problem is there are two sets of hours that govern us. One is driving time and the other is working time.
The weekly WORKING period is 60 hours. This does not include time that is made up of breaks or POA. It is other work and driving time only. These are the hours that must average 48 per week over the reference period.
The DRIVING hours are as pointed out above by davy1111.

THANKS EVERYONE I THINK IVE CRACKED IT NOW MAINLY THANKS TO ROG WE HAD A 55MIN CONVERSATION WHICH CLEARED IT UP BIG TIME JUST IN TIME AS I START A NEW JOB TOMMOROW AT 5AM LESS THEN 48 HOURS AFTER PASSING MOD 4 WISH ME LUCK LOL

Could you possible share your new found knowledge with us fellow noobs? It will be good practice for you to reiterate the information :slight_smile:

wee the easiest way to remeber is within 24 hours of starting shift you must have your daily rest period of either 11 hours or reduced 9 hours that way you cant go wrong so if you start at 5am on monday by 5am on tuesday you must of had 11 or 9 hours rest i dont have time to put all info on here tonight as i have to be up at 430am but i will add over the next few days

also if you have worked 6 hours ie 3 hours driving and 3 other work you must take a 15 minute break but when you start driving you will onle have 1.5 hours until you must take 30 min break for the 4.5 hours driving

3stepsaheaduk:
THANKS EVERYONE I THINK IVE CRACKED IT NOW MAINLY THANKS TO ROG WE HAD A 55MIN CONVERSATION WHICH CLEARED IT UP BIG TIME JUST IN TIME AS I START A NEW JOB TOMMOROW AT 5AM…

instantKarma:
Could you possible share your new found knowledge with us fellow noobs? It will be good practice for you to reiterate the information :slight_smile:

Many people respond better to a verbal explanation with examples rather than by simply seeing it written