Drivers Hours difficulty

I haven’t been driving for a couple of years and I’m hoping to get back into it. I’ve basic knowledge of Driver’s Hours requirements but I’m not very confident about it at all. Are there any guides for dummies type ‘books’ out there for somebody like myself? Do other people find it complicated too? Thanks you.

PS
I’ve done one ‘module’ of the Driver’s CPC. When do I need to have comleted this?

Thanks.

Do you have a smart phone ? if so download tachodisc app all the basics are on there, if not im sure someone will be along soon with a link

You have until September to have 35 hours completed so you have another 4 modules to do if you are on grandfather rights.

Thank you. I’ve got a Android phone. There seems to be a number on there to do with Tachographs and Drivers Hours. Can’t see one named ‘Tachodisc’.

Wait…it is Tachodisc : Rest Assured from Tachodisc LTD.?

I don’t think so. The tachodisc app on iTunes/apple store doesn’t have an android version (not one I’ve found anyway)

I use trucktimer app to log my hours and a quick reference you may mean ultimate drivers hours, which shows most of the basic hours rules.

This one
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … uide&hl=en

And
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … g.tt&hl=en

Drift:
I use trucktimer app to log my hours and a quick reference you may mean ultimate drivers hours, which shows most of the basic hours rules.

This one
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … uide&hl=en

And
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … g.tt&hl=en

^^^ this. Great little app for the price of a pint. Also just google “drivers hours” … should come up with a .gov link that will refresh your memory.

The problem with the ultimate drivers hours one is its fairly page heavy for what you need. The tachodisc app was very easy to navigate and quick for reference.

m1cks:
The problem with the ultimate drivers hours one is its fairly page heavy for what you need. The tachodisc app was very easy to navigate and quick for reference.

Yes, I see what you mean, you have to work your way through to the info you want :wink:

Ader1:
I’ve done one ‘module’ of the Driver’s CPC. When do I need to have comleted this?

Do you mean you have done 7 periodic hours out of the 35 or do you mean you have done initial module 2?

Ader1:
I haven’t been driving for a couple of years and I’m hoping to get back into it. I’ve basic knowledge of Driver’s Hours requirements but I’m not very confident about it at all. Are there any guides for dummies type ‘books’ out there for somebody like myself? Do other people find it complicated too? Thanks you.

PS

Thanks.

There’s no dummy type books out there but there’s plenty of dummies here :stuck_out_tongue:

Ader1:
Thank you. I’ve got a Android phone. There seems to be a number on there to do with Tachographs and Drivers Hours. Can’t see one named ‘Tachodisc’.

If you have a laptop then don’t ■■■■ about looking for apps.

The rules are pretty simple but just follow this,
Work till you drop
Sleep when your being tipped/loaded
Buy matches to keep your eyes open
Be prepared for payment in buttons or washes (possibly rusty ones)
Carry a polish phrase book.

hth

Ader1:

PS

Thanks.

The DSVA have published a couple of booklets:
Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs (Goods vehicles)

Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs (Passenger carrying vehicles)

Feel free to ask about anything you’re unsure of in the Safety Law and Working Time Directive Forum, I’m afraid you may have to ignore a few people who come here to flame people at every opportunity they get though :wink:

I assume you mean you’ve done one course for the Drivers CPC periodic training, if it’s the periodic training you’re referring to you need to complete 35 hours training 5 years from when you passed module 4 of the initial DCPC,if you never did the initial DCPC because you had acquired rights you need to complete 35 hours periodic training by 9th September 2014.

peter s:
There’s no dummy type books out there but there’s plenty of dummies here :stuck_out_tongue:

peter s:

Two posts one bit of humour/sarcasm and not a single bit of useful advice for the OP.

tachograph:

peter s:

peter s:

Two posts one bit of humour/sarcasm and not a single bit of useful advice for the OP.

He’s had a few posts lately just slagging people off he’s becoming a bit of a nause.

bald bloke:

tachograph:

peter s:

peter s:

He’s had a few posts lately just slagging people off he’s becoming a bit of a nause.

I’d noticed, hence my reply :wink:

peter s:

Ader1:

GV262 :grimacing: