drivers hours app

can anyone recommend a simple drivers hours app to record daily work, for both android and I phone,we do not need any thing other than a weekly record, as no weekends, over time, split rests, just occasional daily lorry swaps and in yard duties,

Try Truck Timer available through App Store for iOS.works for me.

Just use the tacho head and do manual entries

As mentioned the driver could make entries on the tachograph unit or make a note on the reverse of tacho paper / in a diary instead, but there would still be the issue of this information having to be passed to the operator in that case.

The operator will have analysis software and I believe most software has the facility to enter manual entries in the office after the event. Holidays or sickness etc can also be entered so that overall compliance can then be calculated.

I know the FTA software has a driver app that allows drivers to see a host of information, but I am unsure if manual entries can be made, it might be read only. I have never bothered to get a password or download that app at the various places I have worked that have the app available to drivers.

I have always thought it is asking a bit much to ask for complete days of work (with breaks) to be entered on the tachograph unit. An example might be if a driver was driving a van for a complete day. In my opinion these days should be entered on the system by the office and the driver should just keep a diary record.

There are other apps that exist that mainly just assist the driver in staying compliant, rather than being an official record.