Drivers Hour Guard

has anyone got/used one? if so whats better about the TS02 compared to the 01 ? will it be worth paying the extra 20 quid or so to get the 02 or save it ? any help appreciated thanks

There’s a full review on here, but it’s basically a stop watch and a notepad, not exactly rocket science.

If you’ve got an android or iphone, you can download apps that do it for free or very cheap.

Our boss bought us Drivers Hour Guards a couple of years ago, (TS02). The buttons are not intuitively labelled,neither is the way the information is son the screen, if you forget to press a button on it to tell it what you’re doing at any time, theres no apparent way to repair the damage done so it will be shouting at you for the rest of your life that you’ve done this or that, unless you reset it and start again.

I’m pretty tech savvy but honestly, its better to use a kitchen timer, learn the rules the best you can and know what you’ve done, it will save a lot of hassle.

P.S. I do believe a satnav is better than a map and do know how to use both properly, but this bit of kit is more hassle than help.

waynedl:
There’s a full review on here, but it’s basically a stop watch and a notepad, not exactly rocket science.

If you’ve got an android or iphone, you can download apps that do it for free or very cheap.

do you know what the apps are called mate?

Smoggie89:

waynedl:

Driver timer or driver guard, things like that.

I’m on digi so never really used it, but my mate’s on analogue so we installed a few on his phone and 1 uses gps too to record your driving time, but I’m not sure I’d 100% trust that then though.

Others are the same as driver guard, basically just massive stop watches with POA, Rest, Other work and driving buttons with timers for each

The one for the android phone is called Truckertimer and its about 3 quid I think.

schrodingers cat:
if you forget to press a button on it to tell it what you’re doing at any time, theres no apparent way to repair the damage done so it will be shouting at you for the rest of your life that you’ve done this or that, unless you reset it and start again.

I found it even worse than that. If, for example, you forgot to press the appropriate button to tell it you had finished work one day, you could not use it at all the following day, as it would simply not allow you to tell it you had started work until it had recorded (what it thought was) the correct daily rest.

The occasional random self-reboot was also a significant PITA.

I had both versions - and also made a few bob myself selling them on a well known Internet auction site :wink:

Throw that hour guard in the bin and buy a simple kitchen time by Salter,any hardware shop sells them and now all the truck stops as well.I set mine for 9 hours driving,or a 10,some set it at 4.30 hours,up to you,they are about a tenner or less,and less hassle.

toby1234abc:
Throw that hour guard in the bin and buy a simple kitchen time by Salter,any hardware shop sells them and now all the truck stops as well.I set mine for 9 hours driving,or a 10,some set it at 4.30 hours,up to you,they are about a tenner or less,and less hassle.

Paid £7.99 in bp connect ( Annandale water services ) set mine at 4hr 25 min then you alway have a few min to play with if needed

The TS02 only works with windows computers so if like me you have a mac it wont download onto putter

A read of this might help

viewforum.php?f=45

cheers for replys, think ill give it a miss and just get a timer save the money and the hassle if it breaks or ■■■■■ up

Smoggie89:

waynedl:

try “renault time book”

Smoggie89:
has anyone got/used one? if so whats better about the TS02 compared to the 01 ? will it be worth paying the extra 20 quid or so to get the 02 or save it ? any help appreciated thanks

If youve got an android phone
Try this
Its £3.30
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ottydog.tt

Smoggie89:

waynedl:

I use the TTGuard on the iPhone, does a decent job