drivers dcpc

Was wondering what TNUK members think of the drivers cpc now the deadline is fast approaching, spent last week in the classroom doing my full 35 hours in one hit, did mine at Tyne and Wear Training just off the Felling bypass. I must admit I learned a couple of things I was not aware of but basically its just informing you of what you already know.
After each session they asked us to fill in a questionnaire with regard to the days event and the majority of drivers there (about 30 ) all said the course was too long and they themselves agreed with us that it was to drawn out it could be completed in half the time. One part of one of the modules was on customer care and we spent ten minutes watching Fawlty Towers.
The course I was on had a different module everyday but we were told if you wanted you could do the same one module over the course of five days, surely that’s just making a mockery of the whole process, and lastly you MUST carry your card with you or face a £1000 fine even though your details are on the DVLA system, so watch out in September as the roads will be very congested as VOSA will have all their vehicles patrolling the roads picking off helpless drivers who for one reason or other have left their cards elsewhere, think I will turn to a life of crime the penalties are much lower than if you are a HGV/LGV driver.
Any comments. regards prattman.

I also did my DCPC at Tyne and Wear Training Gary, although I incorporated ADR training which meant I only had two days on the boring bits. I don’t know if I will ever use the qualification as I retired last year, but, I’ve got it. I have no intention of working for derogatory wages as I have the good fortune not to need to work now. Thanks to the good planning of my financial advisor, (the bride) :smiley: :smiley: I can pick and choose, and if the money isn’t right I’ll refuse any offers. Regards Kev.

Main reason I retired what a load of crap, and the price of the medical, for a job you have done all your working life.
Les.

prattman:
you MUST carry your card with you or face a £1000 fine even though your details are on the DVLA system, so watch out in September as the roads will be very congested as VOSA will have all their vehicles patrolling the roads picking off helpless drivers who for one reason or other have left their cards elsewhere

Incorrect info

£50 FPN for not carrying DQC

Up to £1000 for driver and operator if the required training has not been done

I, along with a few others from the firm will be doing another session
this Saturday. Doubtless the highlight of it all will be the visit to the
chippy over the road at dinnertime.

Its a farce , i completed mine last year and those competent people sent me 2 cards one on the friday and 1 the following monday ,for what reason i have no idea but i was told by a tutor who is running courses at our firm that i could get fined for not sending 1 back ffs .They can by all means come and collect 1 if they want .It all starts again after september ,so i can go sit in a classroom 5 days on the trot doing the same module, part with an excessive amount of cash and loose the will to live for what■■? .Its total bull :open_mouth:

Hiya… the roads won’t be congested with drivers not carrying there cards. we’ve all jacked in before the crap sets in.
all this dcpc ■■■■■ is the same as corgi gas and ///electric its a money scam from the government to work. well F… to it
i’am not doing it and many more at retireing age have done the same.
John

3300John:
Hiya… the roads won’t be congested with drivers not carrying there cards. we’ve all jacked in before the crap sets in.
all this dcpc [zb] is the same as corgi gas and ///electric its a money scam from the government to work. well F… to it
i’am not doing it and many more at retireing age have done the same.
John

Hi, my sentiment’s entirely, job’s knackered anyway.
Les.