Drivers cpc

Cpc up for renewal, who’s the cheapest to go with and quickest? I’ve heard a few that do a very quick one in the Scottish area if you know them [emoji848]

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

I’m pretty certain 35 hours takes the same amount of time wherever you go.

I don’t think you’re going to get people to give you names of companies that will sign you off without attendance on a public forum if that is what you’re hinting at.

Price-wise I’ve found that the cheapest in my vicinity is £60 per day (these guys are below the VAT registration threshold) but the typical cost is £75.

I agree on the time issue, these guys can be spot checked at any time so it really isn’t worth it for them to be cutting the session short, it’s a nice little earner so why would they throw that away?

Typical CPC day has 12 attendees, average cost £75 = £900. Take off the VAT (£180) room hire (£50? maybe) and upload charges (£105) then perhaps 10% to cover less obvious costs, leaves you with £515 for doing a Powerpoint presentation and having a bit of craic with a bunch of people who don’t even have to be tested by an exam, so getting positive feedback from them just depends on not boring them to death.

How long until some offended CPC trainer posts their views on my analysis of their job? :smiley:

How long until some offended CPC trainer posts their views on my analysis of their job? :smiley:

I cant be bothered haha.

But I will point out that it costs to produce the course, get it approved, pay centre approval fees, tutor training costs, insurances etc etc etc. I’ve been doing cpc since it came in for buses in 2008. And I’m still not rich!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
I’ve been doing cpc since it came in for buses in 2008. And I’m still not rich!

Desperately want to break into Monty Python’s Four Yorkshiremen sketch but must… resist… arrg…

At least with CPC training you can’t get the kind of flack I used to in a previous career which involved a certain amount of university lecturing. When kids fail their Uni exams it’s almost automatically the fault of their lecturers, regardless of whether or not the little darlings had been hammering the booze in the Student’s Union and could barely make it into the lectures. And the complaints you get for having your lectures at 9am… Mind, to be fair, CPC training doesn’t cost as much as a low paid job, unlike Uni tuition fees.

Zac_A:

Peter Smythe:
I’ve been doing cpc since it came in for buses in 2008. And I’m still not rich!

Desperately want to break into Monty Python’s Four Yorkshiremen sketch but must… resist… arrg…

…. And the complaints you get for having your lectures at 9am… Mind, to be fair, CPC training doesn’t cost as much as a low paid job, unlike Uni tuition fees.

Luxury!!

I used to dream of lectures that start at 9am :open_mouth:

My CPC lectures start at 8am :grimacing: :laughing: :wink: