Drivers CPC assistance

I have taken the dcpc,and have the card in my hand,i do not need to refresh it until 2019,my boss and all the drivers has booked us all on their own course starting in a few months.
I have told them i have the dcpc,i had paid for it out of my own money while i was out of work,but they still want me to do it all again,they will pay for it,how does the work with two cards,i do not understand? :smiley:

You have until 2019 to complete another 35 hours training so if someone is going to pay for it then STFU and crack on. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope this helps.

Ok,Coffee,glad you came on to help,the memo clearl states we must do it,regardless of already having the dcpc,thanks mate. :stuck_out_tongue:

toby1234abc:
I have taken the dcpc,and have the card in my hand,i do not need to refresh it until 2019,my boss and all the drivers has booked us all on their own course starting in a few months.
I have told them i have the dcpc,i had paid for it out of my own money while i was out of work,but they still want me to do it all again,they will pay for it,how does the work with two cards,i do not understand? :smiley:

our asked for ways of improving the course,lad put have the dinner break at HOOTERS :wink: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,if only,id do it 356 days a year if that was the case

Coffeeholic:
You have until 2019 to complete another 35 hours training so if someone is going to pay for it then STFU and crack on. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope this helps.

WRONG!!

You can’t start your next 35hrs until after september 2014.

Any you do now will just be wasted, so tell them you’re willing to do the course if you have to, but they might as well save the upload fees.

waynedl:

Spot on

Periodic dcpc training is only valid within the 5 years prior to the current expiry date - 09/09/2019 in the case of the OP

A driver in the OPs situation could do 70 hours before 09/09/2014 and none of it will count
The OP would still have to do 35 hours between 10/09/2014 and 09/09/2019

I suggest that the OP informs his boss that the company will be wasting money … unless the OP fancies being paid to do nothing … IF they are paying for the time to do it

If the company are just paying for the course and not the time taken to do it then tell them to ZB off

waynedl:

Coffeeholic:

I hope this helps.

WRONG!!

Cheers, I know next to nothing about the DCPC and I did wonder about the 2014 thing but in the true spirit of the DCPC I didn’t bother checking the facts and said it anyway. :smiley:

Most of the replies relating to this thread are given in good faith. However, for complete piece of mind it might be worth a phone call to the driver standards agency (DSA) for complete transparency. If you turned up at our depot & produced your DCPC card then that would be suffice for me.

As a DCPC trainer I am obviusly qualified to spout complete crap and occasionaly get something right

REAL ANSWER
Any extra hours you do over the 35 hours before September 2014 are not counted towards anything. The training may be of use to you to learn something new etc but it won’t count as DCPC and the company would be wasting the £8.75 upload fee.

DCPC TRAINER ANSWER
I think any time you do over the 35 hours will probably qualify you as a transport manager, but only if it is counted as working time and you are getting paid. If you aren’t getting paid it clearly counts nothing towards being a transport manager. And don’t forget to split your breaks into 4 15 minute chunks throught the training or you’ll get an infringement.

A meal will be provided,thanks for the advice,seems odd,they photocopied my card at the interview stage,so know i have the DCPC.