Drivers always suffer!

Drivers pay for other people’s mistakes and moods. Forkie in one.take it out on driver. Security guard having a bad day driver gets it in the neck. Goods in clerk not getting much at home. Make the driver wait a couple of hours.

Today I got given wrong type of trailer for my collection. Phoned transport " don’t worry driver it’s not your fault come back and get the right trailer " fair enough, cost me 2 hours of my time (I’m salaried) the transport bods that ■■■■■■ up still went home at same time though. Daughter was in bed by the time I got home, they still got to spend time with their families. Rant over.

If you want a job when you know what time you’ll get home and want to get home when the kids are still up then pack in truck driving and go do something with regular set hours.

Conor:
If you want a job when you know what time you’ll get home and want to get home when the kids are still up then pack in truck driving and go do something with regular set hours.

Totally agree, you can’t plan your life around transport!

tango boy:

Conor:

Totally agree, you can’t plan your life around transport!

Well, someone should be accountable for the extra hours cost due to tard giving he wrong trailer, but to be fair if you want to work in that game well, majority get paid in 40 what most drivers get paid in 60 … and free security of vehicle whilst you are away from home all week.

alterego:
Drivers pay for other people’s mistakes and moods. Forkie in one.take it out on driver. Security guard having a bad day driver gets it in the neck. Goods in clerk not getting much at home. Make the driver wait a couple of hours.

Today I got given wrong type of trailer for my collection. Phoned transport " don’t worry driver it’s not your fault come back and get the right trailer " fair enough, cost me 2 hours of my time (I’m salaried) the transport bods that [zb] up still went home at same time though. Daughter was in bed by the time I got home, they still got to spend time with their families. Rant over.

THAT’s TRANSPORT! :grimacing:

Conor:

Stop saying sensible things that I agree with. I’m starting to worry about myself.

A.

alterego:

Today I got given wrong type of trailer for my collection. Phoned transport " don’t worry driver it’s not your fault come back and get the right trailer " fair enough, cost me 2 hours of my time (I’m salaried) the transport bods that [zb] up still went home at same time though. Daughter was in bed by the time I got home, they still got to spend time with their families. Rant over.

I joined agency, got paid today for 2 days work. 160 quid lol. Job is ■■■■■■ up beyond all recognition.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

alterego:

One of the reasons I like hourly rate rather than salary.
If that had been me I would have got 2 hours more pay.
That is also why I don’t get stressed out about waiting somewhere, and can never understand why those on hourly pay do so. :bulb:

Conor:

Like a transport planner…

Drivers always suffer?!?

Just to put the shoe on the other foot, what about the forklift/machine driver that has then gotta rush like hell maybe work through a break or finish later and have a much longer drive home as the motorway is gone to pot because they’ve waited half or nearly all day for the lorry to turn up?.

The goods in clerk who has listened to plenty of drivers rant and rave about their company or days run, but is just following company procedures doing their own job and maybe gets a bit bored hearing the same stuff day after day??

So in all fairness even though its not always a drivers fault they’re late or work for a crap company it can still royally screw up the people they’re delivering to’s day as well!

That’s life though eh?

robroy:

alterego:

That is also why I don’t get stressed out about waiting somewhere, and can never understand why those on hourly pay do so. :bulb:

My thoughts exactly. I’m not a tramper as such, but am prepared to be away at short notice as it’s the nature of the job.

Forkie says “got a long wait drive”…my reply is something along the lines of “that’s fine, I’m paid by the hour, I’ll wait as long as you want me to” :grimacing:

Conan the Librarian:

robroy:

alterego:

My thoughts exactly. I’m not a tramper as such, but am prepared to be away at short notice as it’s the nature of the job.

Forkie says “got a long wait drive”…my reply is something along the lines of “that’s fine, I’m paid by the hour, I’ll wait as long as you want me to” :grimacing:

Or give it the Classic " No probs mate, give us a shout when ya ready in getting my head down" That long wait soon turns into a quick 10 mins in and out :grimacing:

robroy:

I’m the same, nothing we do will make it go faster and I’m getting paid either way.

The bosses do though, watching the pounds dripping away.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Got to agree with the driver getting the blame/stick syndrome, yet the office bod goes home on time,as if nothings happened…a note to management sometimes works wonders, but the driver gets made to suffer as the same bod gives him the work!! If these bods were made to suffer like we do…something may be done, it not only cost the driver time and inconvenience, but the company in the extra fuel burnt.

Whilst I agree with the consensus that everything has the chance of going mammories upon our game, and you should seek alternative employment if that’s not suitable, I can justify your feelings as the planner must be a very incompetent soul, to not only first send you with the wrong trailer, but secondly make you come back and swap, rather than sending the next available driver from base to get to the customer quicker

OVLOV JAY:
the planner must be a very incompetent soul, to not only first send you with the wrong trailer, but secondly make you come back and swap, rather than sending the next available driver from base to get to the customer quicker

Or more likely covering his own arse in the hope that nobody up the food chain notices the extra mileage that one job incurred.

the maoster:

OVLOV JAY:
the planner must be a very incompetent soul, to not only first send you with the wrong trailer, but secondly make you come back and swap, rather than sending the next available driver from base to get to the customer quicker

Or more likely covering his own arse in the hope that nobody up the food chain notices the extra mileage that one job incurred.

Always get instructions in writing. Otherwise the weasels will try and blame you for their ■■■■ ups

the nodding donkey:

the maoster:

OVLOV JAY:

Always get instructions in writing. Otherwise the weasels will try and blame you for their ■■■■ ups

I think in fairness a lot of planners now take it that they are being recorded anyway.

the nodding donkey:

We are paperless now; in as much that we present delivery notes but don’t take signed POD’s back, instead they sign our I pad. The rules are that when empty we don’t move until our next job comes through on the pad. Sometimes you can use that to drop a particularly annoying planner in it when for example I’ve tipped at Southampton and my reload is Fareham, but he’s misspelt a letter and sent me to Fakenham to reload. :wink:

Salary can work in your favour, but to make it work bloody slow down, don’t use POA under any circs, and only book a break when you actually have your minimal statutory breaks, if you’re three hours on a bay thats work unless you are able to get a proper break of 15 30 or 45 in, where you are free to do whatever you like wherever you like and most importantly only if it suits you.

That 2 hours you lost they can’t get back so at some point they will have to give you 2 hours less work to keep the average right.