Drivers Aid

Sorry if this has been asked before is there any kind of aid to keep track with drivers hours?
For example last month I did multiple drops around Wolverhampton I didn’t go over my Four and a Half hours but forgot about my WTD six hours, and got an infringement by a couple of minutes. Is there sort of timer you use? I’ve seen an app (Truck timer I think it’s called) but a few negative reviews. What do you use?
Many thanks in advance.

Its just you losing track of time? Smartphone timer. If youre sure the 4-30hr was no problem then set the timer for 5hrs and set it going when you book on. One hour should be enough to plan a break. Maybe reset it for 30min when it goes off at 5hrs.

No need for complicated stuff. Given time and experience on the job you will get used to planning breaks.

I use one of these to keep track of WTD…

And use this to track my driving hours…

Unless I forget to set the clock… :stuck_out_tongue:

Use tacho. Truck display to keep track of your driving hours.
As for wtd either set an alarm on your phone to go off 5 half hours after you start.
Or simply write on a post it note started at 5 am. Need break by 11 and stick it on the dash or someware you can see it so you don’t forget
Also a good idea buy a diary write down your driving time working time etc at end of each shift so you can keep an eye on it all over the week

I found it much more difficult to remember to keep stopping and starting various timers. Ultimately there’s one time Id not stop it or not start it so makes it pointless. For me.

Sorry but working for 6 hours without stopping for a well earned break means you deserve an infringement.
A well earned break occurs after 2 or 2 1/2 hours. work like that and you won’t get an infringement.
It’s a job not a punishment.