Drivermedicals.com

I am due my medical has anyone used Drivermedicals.com was thinking of using them as my doctor just moans when asked to do one for me, says it is too much trouble and has better things to do.
TIA
Chris

Not used them but I can recommend Doctors on Wheels, they do surgeries all over the place. They even do them in a mobile home in certain truckstops.

Try renewing your photo on your licence at thePost Office £24.50
Then tell us all what comes back.
Jim

I have just used one of these independent driver medical companies that operate out of multiple venues. Cost me just £40. My own doctor charged me £80 on previous one and thought he was the one doing me a favour… :imp:

JFC999:
Try renewing your photo on your licence at thePost Office £24.50
Then tell us all what comes back.
Jim

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106565&p=1603902

Fileep:
Not used them but I can recommend Doctors on Wheels, they do surgeries all over the place. They even do them in a mobile home in certain truckstops.

Recommend them too. They did mine a few years back. Cheap, quick and no problems from dvla

Dont forget to report your doctor to the NHS for refusing to do a medical, you are his patient, and he works for you, not the other way round.

I used them, good value and the medical was carried out quickly. My one was carried out at the local Stagecoach offices. The wait for an appointment was about 3 weeks.

I’ve used them, quick & easy.

They work on a block booking basis - get as many drivers booked for one day in one location, maximum income, minimum cost. Both times I’ve used them it’s been in the First Aid room of the local bus depot, book online, pay with credit card they post you medical form & sample bottle to fill and take along. They will ask you to complete the form before hand; all your personal details and medical history.

I got the impression if you walk into the “examination room” looking relatively fit & healthy, the Doc will just do a quick check of bp, eyes, dip the sample bottle & scan the medical form, ask a few questions (usually - have you answered this form 100% truthfully…?). then he’ll sign and away you go.

Costs about £50 if i recall correctly.

I renewed my photocard licence in December at the post office £24.50 , due a medical in January {not needed now} saved £130 that was the cost of my medical 5 years ago from my own doctor… as I am s/e wot a result , all I need now is a bye on the dcpc any offers gents.!

We have used them hundreds of times - as a training company - never had any problems, would highly recommend
John

Thanks to all. Have booked with them for next Monday £56.00

Chris.

The form states that it should be filled in by a doctor, so asking a driver to do it is asking for a rejection if found out., i dont know about you lot but i cant remember my medical history, which is why i choose to go to my own doctor where he has it all on screen, even though it costs me £100, i would rather it be done properly, than ghet it bodged. A doctor that is not your own one, cannot possibly fill the form in accurately, unless he believes the answers you give him, and if there is a problem, then DVLA will contact your regular doctor for the answers.
I had a mate of mine who within a short space of time, developed Diabetes, was overweight, and got chest pains every so often, but refused to go to his own doctor, for fear he would lose his licence ( a doctor has a duty to report his ailments to DVLA ) so he goes to one of these Quick Quacks ` and tells them all is ok.

You don’t need to know your full exact Medical history - all the form is asking is - have you ever had a heart attack, mental illness, liver / kidney problems, diabetic etc etc etc - you would know if you’ve ever had these!! Not I had a bad cold last March.

Plus, the driver also signs the form to state he has told the truth. The DVLA know that the form is filled out by a Doctor that isn’t your normal one, thats why they ask for your Doctor’s details and as part of the D1 you sign a consent form allowing DVLA to contact your doctor if they want more info. DVLA do undertake a random check on these medicals and send copies out to your Doctor asking them to confirm your medical history and that the info YOU have given on the D1 is correct.

So if it turns out that the D1 doesn’t reflect the truth, it’s YOU as the driver who will get prosecuted not the Doctor who did the medical, as he will say it was based upon his knowledge of what YOU told him at the time, and his examination (height/weight in proportion, sample dip test ok, eye sight chart, blood pressure etc)

I went to drivermedicals…100 less than my doctor ,and there was nowt ‘hooky’ about my test,and you cant fiddle it cos the doctor wrote on mine saying if DVLA wanted more info contact my surgery…in fact it was a more of a medical than what my own doctor did when I was 45…Ill use these or anyone offering this service ,cos I have a problem with my wallet being shafted