Driverhire online CPC

Anyone used them? They any good?
Got like a month to do 2 days CPC?

Also can you still take CPC training if your driving licence is expired? My licence runs out next month.

Hi Adam done mine with driver hire was ok learned a few things a lot I already knew :smiley: as far as I know you can do your cpc so it’s in place for you renewing your license cheers Ray

It’s likely that you will have to email them a copy of your license before you do the course. Take a look at VR services as you may find other online providers are cheaper

A friend of mine, who has his TMCPC did a DCPC course with DH last year. The trainer was giving the group wildly inaccurate legal information. When he took the trainer to task on these issues, they deliberately muted him! Safe to say he wouldn’t recommend them :smiley:
To be fair though, DH are a franchise operation and that one bad trainer probably does not reflect the franchise as a whole.

Zac_A:
A friend of mine, who has his TMCPC did a DCPC course with DH last year. The trainer was giving the group wildly inaccurate legal information. When he took the trainer to task on these issues, they deliberately muted him! Safe to say he wouldn’t recommend them :smiley:
To be fair though, DH are a franchise operation and that one bad trainer probably does not reflect the franchise as a whole.

With respect.
I am not doing the courses because I want to learn anything. I have yet to have a ‘cpc lesson’ that was not completely boring.

We do the same courses every five year. Some twice or more a total farce

Yeah, that’s the general attitude with most drivers: it’s all garbage etc. Then you see people posting on here (frequently) with really basic questions about drivers hours, load security etc :unamused:

Clearly there’s a goodly number of drivers who don’t know everything they should: I know I’m not entirely alone in this, I’ve seen others posting with similar views (Conor is the first one who springs to mind), but on the whole I know in advance most here won’t share my views and I’m in the minority.

There’s been plenty of changes over the past couple of years that would be news to many drivers if they were told about them, that’s where a decent DCPC outfit comes into it’s own.

For example, how many drivers off the top of their head could quote the recent changes to drivers hours rules (August 2020) which are beneficial for them to know, because they can use them to their own advantage?

How many drivers were caught out in 2019 thinking they wouldn’t have to renew their DQC because “We’re coming out of Europe, it’s going to get scrapped” ?

One of the reasons many drivers never learn anything new is that no one bothers to recommend a particular outfit, except on price, or to shop around to see who makes an effort to be interesting and informative.

That, and when Jaupt do their auditing rounds, all they care about are THEIR tick boxes, which are mostly about sticking to the timings, not about whether the drivers get the latest info.

Yes there’s DEFINITELY room for improvement in how DVSA/JAUPT run the scheme, and there are plenty of boring, ill-informed trainers - I used to get stuck with the same guy every year, with the same bad jokes that never changed, because he was the default choice of my employer - but there are also some very conscientious trainers who make a big effort to be better than their competitors.

Redrooster:

That just proves my point: there’s been changes to rules on this very issue: how many drivers know they won’t be doing that in the future, not since Jaupt changed the rules a couple of months ago. Whoever the training provider is will get their ■■■■ kicked if drivers do repeat courses, and the drivers will get grief from DVSA their self for repeating courses, unless they can show DVSA there was a justifiable reason for the repetition, such as renewing vocational qualifications like ADR, or remedial training because of incurring infringements.

Zac_A:

Redrooster:

That just proves my point: there’s been changes to rules on this very issue: how many drivers know they won’t be doing that in the future, not since Jaupt changed the rules a couple of months ago. Whoever the training provider is will get their ■■■■ kicked if drivers do repeat courses, and the drivers will get grief from DVSA their self for repeating courses, unless they can show DVSA there was a justifiable reason for the repetition, such as renewing vocational qualifications like ADR, or remedial training because of incurring infringements.

I’ve never had a single driving fine or a single point on my licence.
And that is with me driving in central London for years.
I know what I need to know.

People are posting on here about load security because… SURPRISE SURPRISE… you can not teach load security in a fudging classroom.
Same with drivers hours. You can give them the basics but they will forget it. It comes from experience and making mistakes.

Also, in regards to the changes to drivers hours on August 2020.
I remember the change, but I cant remember what it was. Having just looked it up again I can see why I forgot about it. It does not apply to me at all.
I just know the rules I need to know to get by.

But surely you are aware other people may not be as well informed? If all drivers knew what they needed to know, no one would get any infringements.

As far as safe loading goes, I disagree: I’ve worked in places were 90% of the (all very experienced) drivers were all risking a fine for the lack of one simple piece of knowledge, which is easily taught in the classroom.

Same with Drivers hours, as we’ve seen from these forums, there’s no shortage of drivers are ropey even on the basics

As for the August 2020 changes, there were several, not just one. Many, if not most, drivers may never use any of the changes, but we’re still expected to know what they are.

Zac_A:
but we’re still expected to know what they are.

Is that a requirement?
Because I’ll tell you now, I have not memorised them and I have not memorised the highway code either. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont get paid enough to.

I dont disagree with you about drivers not knowing how to secure loads. I just dont think classroom teaching is the best way to go about it.

Probably doesnt help that most firms dont give the drivers the correct equipment to secure loads. I remember working for Aspray24. Your in a curtainside lorry and most of the freight is loose boxes. If I remember right you had a net and straps. Impossible to secure as the stuff would just go everywhere even if they shrink wrapped the boxes together.

For us up north, I imagine it will be a definite requirement :laughing:
Our TC has two favourite sayings:
“If it’s on the internet, it’s in the public domain and I expect you to know it”.
This is often followed by his other favourite, “Ignorance is no excuse”.

If he was a Led Zeppelin fan his favourite song would probably be “No Quarter”

JAUPT Woo scary :unamused:

I’ve ran and administered over 500 CPC courses and not once did any representative from JAUPT drop an audit on me. Thats not to say they don’t happen - of course they do - but as a proportion I’d say its fairly slim chances of them “kicking ■■■■”

toonsy:

I’ve ran and administered over 500 CPC courses and not once did any representative from JAUPT drop an audit on me. Thats not to say they don’t happen - of course they do - but as a proportion I’d say its fairly slim chances of them “kicking ■■■■”

I’ve certainly been audited a few times, including two in in two consecutive weeks! Most of the time it’s perfectly fine, but some just aren’t happy unless they’ve got something negative to say :unamused:

Zac_A:

toonsy:

I’ve certainly been audited a few times, including two in in two consecutive weeks! Most of the time it’s perfectly fine, but some just aren’t happy unless they’ve got something negative to say :unamused:

Well, they need to keep themselves in a job.