Driver vacancies...

Should that be for driver vacancies advertised, it can be a right pain going through it where lots of people advertising themselves for jobs.

Maybe a seperate section for drivers promoting themselves?

Just a thought :wink:

Maybe this should be in feedback.

Sorry Wayne, couldn’t resist

:laughing:

It’s not feedback, it’s a discussion to see what others think :wink:

waynedl:
Should that be for driver vacancies advertised, it can be a right pain going through it where lots of people advertising themselves for jobs.

Maybe a seperate section for drivers promoting themselves?

I agree, whenever our company are looking I always post it in the job section but it quickly works its way down the board into oblivion when in fact the job is still valid.

Yes live vacancies only!

Sent from my iPhone using my right index finger!

I agree, how sucessful are people who advertise they want work on there? Does anyone know?

One particular driver as been asking for the same work once a month for ages! If it works all well and good, we never get to hear about the success stories.

any ads are automatically deleted after 14 days- I do know that a number of folks have got jobs from following up leads from there and also a couple who advertised themselves have had offers of work. but the forum is only the initial contact- it is how those going for the job conduct themselves at interview that gets them the job, something we have no say over.

Rikki-UK:
any ads are automatically deleted after 14 days- I do know that a number of folks have got jobs from following up leads from there and also a couple who advertised themselves have had offers of work. but the forum is only the initial contact- it is how those going for the job conduct themselves at interview that gets them the job, something we have no say over.

I know the forum works, I posted a job advertised for an International driver, that of which I am looking for myself but it was to far from me. Next day I got a PM from a member on here thanking me for posting the advert which was on the .gov website, he had seen it phoned them up and got the job. Two days later I recieved an email from a guy based nearer to me asking if I was still looking as he may have a position in the future and this was the owner of 7 trucks all running the continent so fingers crossed

I know there’s 17t Food delivery work going begging down here (Aylesford) As far as I know, they want to give pretty much anyone a full time job who can stick it on agency as effectively their “trial period”. After 13 weeks or whatever it is, you’d be entitled to full pay anyways right?

Does it have to be some kind of con involving high staff turnover? No one has PM’ed me about the post I stuck in “vacancies” that’s for sure, so I guess it’s the 13 week trial period putting people off. :confused:

Rikki-UK:

No problem with what you are saying but perhaps it should be split? Those recruiting and those looking? Just a thought. :wink: :grimacing:

fredthered:

Rikki-UK:

No problem with what you are saying but perhaps it should be split? Those recruiting and those looking? Just a thought. :wink: :grimacing:

That’s a fair point, and it’s something that’s caused me to edit quite a number of the post titles in the Vacancies forum to attempt to save folks time when browsing.

I usually put [Employment wanted] or [Employment offered] into the topic title, which probably saves folks from wasting their time reading stuff that’s the exact opposite of what they’re looking for.

dieseldave:

fredthered:

Rikki-UK:

That’s a fair point, and it’s something that’s caused me to edit quite a number of the post titles in the Vacancies forum to attempt to save folks time when browsing.

I usually put [Employment wanted] or [Employment offered] into the topic title, which probably saves folks from wasting their time reading stuff that’s the exact opposite of what they’re looking for.

But this takes a lot of your time Dave, which could be saved by people not using the ‘Driver vacancies’ thread for ‘Driver looking for employment’ which could easily have it’s own ?