Driver vacancies

Can any mods tell me why my post was unapproved? I got a silly message saying it broke the rules, and I should read the sticky. I did that and felt it complied. Could anyone shed light on exactly what rules I broke? It was 4 jobs going at my place of work. I never included any contact details, simply asking readers to contact me by pm. They are the only stipulations in the sticky. I’m very angry and confused as the admin seem faceless on this

Hi…
The vacancy forum is there is a “courtesy” for members not as an alternative to companies using our paid for advertising.

the moderators have to make a judgement call wether a post is a member letting others know about a vacancy or if it should go via our partners at Logistic Job Shop.

In this case I understand it wasn’t so much a “Old Bert is retiring at our place so there will be a job going” type post". more of a recruitment post for a number of drivers.
Its a fine line sometimes between the types of post and the team make the call which side of the line the post should go. there is no 100% right or wrong.

If people accept it is there as a courtesy and sometimes their posts get disallowed then its fine, however if the vacancy forum starts to make people “angry and upset” , then perhaps we should look at removing it entirely.

I suppose it’s a bit like me saying there’s jobs going at my place Jay.
Some know where I’m currently working some don’t. All I will say is the class C has at times had a quick turnaround in drivers.

So basically the ‘job shop’ pay for the privilege of posting vacancies…members don’t, so guess who is going to get their posts removed?

DonutUK:
So basically the ‘job shop’ pay for the privilege of posting vacancies…members don’t, so guess who is going to get their posts removed?

Or put it another way, The vacancies that Job shop have on here help pay for you all to use the website for free, If we give that away why would anyone pay to use Job Shop?
We try to strike a balance to allow you lot to give other members a heads up, but when it becomes too close to a recruitment ad, yes it is the free one that will go

Well I tried again, the post read almost word for word: just as a courtesy I’m letting people know there’s jobs going at my place, pm me for details. That was on Saturday night, it hasn’t gone up and I haven’t had a rejection email either. Probably best if you do take the employment advertised part out of the forum, just leaving employment wanted. Everyone will just have to make do with a job at Jewson I guess :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:
Everyone will just have to make do with a job at Jewson I guess :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

PMSL. What’s worse is that because they have admin rights you can’t block them so you get spammed by their posts.

OVLOV JAY:

:smiley:

OVLOV JAY:
Well I tried again, the post read almost word for word: just as a courtesy I’m letting people know there’s jobs going at my place, pm me for details. That was on Saturday night, it hasn’t gone up and I haven’t had a rejection email either. Probably best if you do take the employment advertised part out of the forum, just leaving employment wanted.

Jay, it looks like your post got approved.

As Rikki said, there’s a fine line that a Moderator needs to draw, but I’d just add the Mod/Admin Team aren’t on duty the whole time.

In all fairness, your post did say something like ‘three drivers’ needed, which is not exactly in the spirit of what the TN website owners have in mind for the vacancies forum.

It’s quite possible that in the light of what you’ve brought to everybody’s attention in here, the wording on the forum index page and/or the sticky might need a tweak, so if that’s deemed necessary, the TN website owners might decide to alter it.

OVLOV JAY:

I can see how you’d think that, but it’s just a coincidence that Jewson’s seem to be the only advertiser.
:bulb: The fact is that any company can deal with Logistics Job Shop and ask them to post one or more vacancies.

m1cks:
What’s worse is that because they have admin rights you can’t block them so you get spammed by their posts.

m1cks,

Please feel free to point out any post in which an Admin has spammed you.

dieseldave:

m1cks:
What’s worse is that because they have admin rights you can’t block them so you get spammed by their posts.

m1cks,

It’s the way the feed comes through in Tapatalk. If they post 20 jobs in one go then there’s just a ream of adverts akin to spam. Unlike using a web browser where you don’t have to enter that particular forum, all new posts show regardless of which forum they’re posted.

m1cks:

dieseldave:

m1cks:

m1cks,

It’s the way the feed comes through in Tapatalk. If they post 20 jobs in one go then there’s just a ream of adverts akin to spam. Unlike using a web browser where you don’t have to enter that particular forum, all new posts show regardless of which forum they’re posted.

m1cks,

Ahh, I didn’t know that.
I don’t use Tapatalk, so I’ve no idea how it works.

I just use a web browser, so as you’ve said, the spam doesn’t happen.

I guess it’s just a Tapatalk thing, but maybe it’s worth getting rid of Tapatalk and sticking with a browser.

Is there any advantage in using Tapatalk, because if there is, then I’m not seeing it?

Only use the forum on my phone. It has a designed user interface that saves downloading unnecessary data and makes it an easy to read format without having to zoom in/out or scroll along to read posts.

I’m not, or have ever been a recruiter, or have a “partner” in recruitment. I too posted about jobs at our place. That was removed. It does get a tad dificult sometimes. There still ARE jobs at our place. At least 2 in fact!