Driver Training in Farnborough

Am looking at getting into the industry after recently loosing my job. I have been contacted thelgvtrainingcompany to complete my driver training. Has anyone got any experience of this company? They do recruitment and are saying that they can get me work after completing my training. Any constructive feedback would be much appreciated.

They are a broker - full of huff and puff and very little substance.

They claim to be the Uk’s leading training provider. LOL!!! They have no accreditation from the DSA so not quite sure how they justify that statement.

Brokers simply take your money and then place you with another trainer - - one they can get as cheaply as possible so they retain the maximum difference.

An independent trainer is most concerned about reputation and will, normally, deliver an excellent job for no greater cost. Some trainers offer a complete start to finish service so you don’t have to worry about any part of the process.

As for recruitment, get your own job! All they will do is put you on a website - check out the link on their site. Many trainers have direct contacts for work - we certainly have.

You may find this useful dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

Good luck with your training. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

If I were you I’d probably stay away from that firm… If you search the forums for broker you will soon find examples of people who have paid over the odds for courses at such companies and also had promises of helping them to find work afterwards. Seems that some will sell the course but not always mention things like Dcpc. You have made a smart move joining this forum as it contains lots of information for newbies like us. Check the sticky topic for the list of recommended trainers in your area. If you have one in mind mention them on here and you may find others have used them. If you can travel I can recommend Peter Smythe’s that posted above, as do many others.

check out the link in my signature below :smiley: