Driver Shortage Solved

Vaccine passports for pubs restaurants and clubs from next week.
Death knell for the hospitality industry.
All drivers that lose their jobs in hospitality move to RDC work.
Problem solved.
Thank you government, please forcibly inject my children.

idrive:
Problem solved.

Ergh most on dray work, or food distribution are class 2
Many already got better paying jobs after getting furloughed (lucky them).
You can’t magic up class 1 drivers.
And those that have left the industry, left for a reason.
Me I’m getting a great rate now, but really can’t be arsed with the job anymore.
Now the moneys here I can’t bear the job anymore.
Just my luck

I gave up driving and retired last year after 40\50 years in transport of some sort. Still hold C+E, CPC until 2024 and Digi card. Offer me 40.00 an hour, and my answer would be…NO.

I now have a life, with no STRESS.

SWEDISH BLUE:
I gave up driving and retired last year after 40\50 years in transport of some sort. Still hold C+E, CPC until 2024 and Digi card. Offer me 40.00 an hour, and my answer would be…NO.

Oh I’m heading that way

idrive:
Problem solved.

A one sided view though isnt it? Are more people going to go to pubs knowing all the others there have been vaccinated? Or Are more going to pubs if they dont need a mask and dont care about vaccinations? Way more than half the UK adult population have been vaccinated, so Id guess the latter is more likely the best bet for business.
I would feel safer going into a closed room where those around me have been vaccinated. Not a problem outside but we all know how reliable the English summer is!

There is (so far as I know) no plan to vaccinate under 17 in the UK except for those at high risk. And no plan to “force” anyone else in the UK to accept vaccines. The US is going down the route of vaccinating younger people, but not here.
It remains a free country.

Franglais:
It remains a free country.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not one, but two snot bubbles there. Thank you

SWEDISH BLUE:

Not very enterprising of you, swedish blue! Disappointed in you. I’d take £40 per hour all day long. Spend a couple of grand on some alcoas, kelsa bars and spots, get a “living the dream” glory boy to drive it for a tenner an hour (plenty of willing candidates on here : “it’s not about the money, it’s a lifestyle”) and I sit at home in my comfy armchair making £30/hr profit for doing [zb] all. :slight_smile:

DCPCFML:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Not very enterprising of you, swedish blue! Disappointed in you. I’d take £40 per hour all day long. Spend a couple of grand on some alcoas, kelsa bars and spots, get a “living the dream” glory boy to drive it for a tenner an hour (plenty of willing candidates on here : “it’s not about the money, it’s a lifestyle”) and I sit at home in my comfy armchair making £30/hr profit for doing [zb] all. :slight_smile:

Willing candidates £10 a hour you for real neanderthal man?

idrive:
Problem solved.

Trouble is, the loss of work from the RDCs to local pubs, restaurants, & Clubs - will mean that for every new candidate taken on an inferior contract, they’ll (after the newbie starts…) start laying off the old hands lingering on the superior former decent contracts…

Winseer:

idrive:
Problem solved.

Trouble is, the loss of work from the RDCs to local pubs, restaurants, & Clubs - will mean that for every new candidate taken on an inferior contract, they’ll (after the newbie starts…) start laying off the old hands lingering on the superior former decent contracts…

Sure “they” will.
They can afford to get rid of the oldies, because of the surplus of drivers.

Franglais:

Winseer:

idrive:
Problem solved.

Sure “they” will.
They can afford to get rid of the oldies, because of the surplus of drivers.

Did someone say surplus of drivers? :smiley:
What pararell is that.?