Driver Scheduling Software

Hi,
I am looking to see if anyone knows of any software that is available that I can use to schedule the routes and drivers that I have to ensure that everything is legal and done in the most efficient way possible.
I have routes that go all hours of the day and every day of the week.

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Kind regards
Andy.

Andyl66:
Hi,
I am looking to see if anyone knows of any software that is available that I can use to schedule the routes and drivers that I have to ensure that everything is legal and done in the most efficient way possible.
I have routes that go all hours of the day and every day of the week.

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Kind regards
Andy.

A to Z may be??

Your problem lies in your question, software isn’t the answer. A transport manager who has actually been a driver is what you need.

Scanner:
Your problem lies in your question, software isn’t the answer. A transport manager who has actually been a driver is what you need.

Thats too easy, remember we now live in a world where everything has to be complicated just to justify ones position. I believe that if you put someone who knows what they’re doing in certain positions then half if us would be in a job…

Soz dude, that would be too easy! You just have to use the Gray matter. You could maybe get trackers fitted to the wagons so you can see what’s happening in real time on your PC but that’s about it. Just lay the runs out on a white board and then doodle/brainstorm problems or issues. You can use AA route planner to work out distances with via points & then extrapolate speed/time to do the job looking at the route.

I stand to be corrected, I’m sure there is some firm of scheduling software out there but it’s still going to need raw data input in to it from someone who’s actually thought things through.

Try Paragon Routing software. There may be others if you try google

Paragon works but we are having no end of problems with it. It only takes one problem and it knocks on for days!

HI,
Thanks for the replies,
I think I should have qualified this better.

I am looking for some Driver Rostering Software as opposed to Route Planning Software.

Thanks very much
Kind regards
Andy.

It used to be called ‘Transport Manager’ and he/she had the knowledge and experience to make it all work properly and like clockwork.

Too reliant on computers now so if the machine says ‘no’ or fails the job goes t1ts up!

Don’t know of any software that does it all either - sorry! :wink:

Regardless of what you call it, route planning or driver rostering, if the information fed in to the software is crap, then output will also be crap. 100% of computer errors are down to human error at some stage.