driver,s cpc

with the driver,s cpc comeing in for any trucks over 3.5 tonnes does it therefore apply to transit type vehicles or landrovers that pull trailers with weights over 3.5 tonnes or would vosa turn a blind eye ? i know that over 3.5 tonnes combined weight that a tacho is supposed to be fitted but many are not .just wondering thank you

A call to the Driver CPC hotline 0191 201 8112 (M-F 9-5) will give you a definitive answer but my take is that if it is classed as a C1+E then it will be required if the ‘prime mover’ is over 3.5 tonnes

if a 3 tonne ■■■■■■ van is towing a 3 tonne trailer then it’s outside the remit IMO

there was a job in the job centre about pulling car on trailer with you own land rover and there stated that you had to have a C1+E i have also see trannys with digi tachos in the cos some do go up to 6.5 ton

I’ll do 2 calls tomorrow - one to DVLA and the other to Driver cpc and see what info I get

EDIT & ADD

Don’t think I’ll bother with those 2 calls as it is explained HERE - Towing trailers or caravans with vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes :smiley:

As I first thought - it is to do with the ‘prime mover’ (the towing vehicle).

Driver cpc does not cover B vehicles so B+E also comes within that.

The prime mover must be over 3.5 tonnes for it to be within the driver cpc and the driver must be being paid to drive it either directly or as part of their job unless it comes under one of the driver cpc exemptions.

Oh Yes. Fords second biggest mistake after the Ford Transcontinental.

The A Series :confused:

there are some exemptions for Land Rovers and trailers for Drivers hour rules, they come under “dual purpose vehicles”

don’t know about driver CPC though

ianto:
i know that over 3.5 tonnes combined weight that a tacho is supposed to be fitted but many are not .

INFO SOURCE
:
Which rules apply?

Vehicles used for the carriage of goods by road and with a maximum permissible weight (including any trailer or semi-trailer) of over 3.5 tonnes are in scope of the EU rules. ‘Carriage by road’ is defined as any journey entirely or in part made on roads open to the public of a vehicle, laden or unladen, used for the carriage of passengers or goods. ‘Off-road’ driving is in scope where it forms part of a journey that also takes place on public roads. Journeys made that are entirely ‘off-road’ are out of scope of the EU rules.

So certain B+Es with a combi weight over 3.5 tonnes that fall into the quote above need a tacho but do not come into the driver cpc rules - interesting…