Driver Qualification Card

Hello,

Ive Recently passed my hgv test and done 14 hours towards my 35 hours cpc. I received my blue driver qualification card and am i right in thinking you should only receive it when you have completed the 35 hours? Thanks in avdance.

wheelspin:
Hello,

Ive Recently passed my hgv test and done 14 hours towards my 35 hours cpc. I received my blue driver qualification card and am i right in thinking you should only receive it when you have completed the 35 hours? Thanks in avdance.

Did you recieve the DQC because you passed initial mod 4?

Hi rog,

Yeh after my module 4 i received the card, so i had it before i had done my 14 hours cpc. quite a few people have told me if i have that card it mean’s ive completed the 35 hours which im unsure of because i know i have’nt completed the 35 hours.

wheelspin:
Hi rog,

Yeh after my module 4 i received the card, so i had it before i had done my 14 hours cpc. quite a few people have told me if i have that card it mean’s ive completed the 35 hours which im unsure of because i know i have’nt completed the 35 hours.

Passing mod 4 gives you a DQC with a 5 year expiry date
Before that expiry date you will need 35 hours of periodic dcpc if you want to continue driving LGVs commercially after that date

At any point within those 5 years of the expiry date when you complete the 35 hours you get a new DQC expiry dated 5 years from your current DQC expiry date

The passing of initial mod 4 got you onto the periodic dcpc system

Your DQC expiry date will be different to the majority of drivers who got the first 5 years because they were already LGV drivers on 09/09/2009
They got their first 5 years because they had grandfather rights and you got your first 5 years because you passed mod 4

You pass mod 4 on in July 2013 and get DQC expiry dated July 2018
Completed last of the 35 hours in Feb 2016 and get new DQC expiry dated July 2023
Only periodic dcpc hours done within 5 years of the current DQC expiry date will count so if the above example happened then no more periodic hours can count until after July 2018

Thats just what i needed to know. Thanks for your help rog, much appreciated.