Driver off with Covid - drive his vehicle?

Remember the television footage of the temporary hospitals to house thousands of COVID cases built in London and the midlands?
The ones that never actually housed any patients.
Remember the temporary mortuaries they commissioned?
The ones that never actually housed any bodies.
It’s time you all woke up and realised what’s been going on.
Worst of all the ■■■■■■■■ stopped me going to my local pub for the best part of a year.
Last month it was compulsory to wear a mask in shops and pubs at midnight on a Sunday night, 1 minute later it was ok not to wear one.
It’s a load of ■■■■■■ wake up sheeple.

London Transport posted that 51 of their bus drivers died as a result of Covid.

Whilst nobody in my extended family, neighbours or friends have had full blown Covid, I know of a few people that died from it and a few others that have had a really bad time with it.

The one positive thing that has come from Covid however, has been social distancing. We have not had to endure those tramper drivers who have not washed all week sitting next to us… :sunglasses:

I drive a different velicle every day and I worked the whole way through the covid. I spray the cab with sanitizer leave 5 mins then rub it down. Helps keep the cab clean and touch wood so far haven’t had the covid.

Still amazed people say covid doesn’t exist, tell that to the families who lost loved ones! Think head in the sand springs to mind.

If you agree this virus is flu :open_mouth: at least spraying the cab down each day will kill some of the germs, oh let me guess germs don’t exist as well :unamused:

Put on a beekeeper outfit, an oxygen tank and spray every surface with bleach and you might make it out alive.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Remember the television footage of the temporary hospitals to house thousands of COVID cases built in London and the midlands?
The ones that never actually housed any patients.
Remember the temporary mortuaries they commissioned?
The ones that never actually housed any bodies.
It’s time you all woke up and realised what’s been going on.
Worst of all the [zb] stopped me going to my local pub for the best part of a year.
Last month it was compulsory to wear a mask in shops and pubs at midnight on a Sunday night, 1 minute later it was ok not to wear one.
It’s a load of [zb], wake up sheeple.

They all say that till they are sat struggling to breathe - then they cry and tell everyone " i was wrong, dont die like me"

I sleep with an oxygen concentrator and carry a cylinder around with me during the day, if you are frightened to go out in the outside world you are already doomed, buy an extra pack of antiseptic wipes but make sure you wipe down the packet first, if you go to the supermarket, enter a weighbridge office, touch some paperwork that the office has prepared, you are probably affected, do you eat whilst at work, do you get postal deliveries?

get on with it, do a test,

Choice is yours, either drive the thing or don’t.
I would and without all the disinfecting ■■■■■■■■, what anyone else does is entirely up to them and they should make their own minds up whilst that is still a legal option.

As said, spray the thing round and use wipes if it bothers you, make your OWN mind up. :bulb:

It appears to be the new ‘Cool to diss’ thing on here as far as Covid goes, :laughing:
If you ain’t going with the deniers you ain’t part of the ‘Trucknet cool gang’ :laughing: :unamused:

Btw don’t anybody jump :unamused: I’m being flippant I don’t REALLY believe that, so calm down.
:smiley: , but if you dare to express any form of credibility to it, you get jumped on and ridiculed by the usual ‘suspects’…
(I’m beginning to think maybe at least one of them is trying to convince himself rather than us, btw :smiley: but hey ho.)

Do as I do mate make your own mind up about things, don’t be led by EITHER camp, and crack on with what YOU are comfortable with, and ■■■■ everybody else trying to lead you on either side.
Me? I would take SOME kind of precaution, with cleaning up, but same as I would if the driver had taken time off with the shts, or any type of flu, it’s just self protection.

robroy:
As said, spray the thing round and use wipes if it bothers you, make your OWN mind up. :bulb:

It appears to be the new ‘Cool to diss’ thing on here as far as Covid goes, :laughing:
If you ain’t going with the deniers you ain’t part of the ‘Trucknet cool gang’ :laughing: :unamused:

Btw don’t anybody jump :unamused: I’m being flippant I don’t REALLY believe that, so calm down.
:smiley: , but if you dare to express any form of credibility to it, you get jumped on and ridiculed by the usual ‘suspects’…
(I’m beginning to think maybe at least one of them is trying to convince himself rather than us, btw :smiley: but hey ho.)

Do as I do mate make your own mind up about things, don’t be led by EITHER camp, and crack on with what YOU are comfortable with, and [zb] everybody else trying to lead you on either side.
Me? I would take SOME kind of precaution, with cleaning up, but same as I would if the driver had taken time off with the shts, or any type of flu, it’s just self protection.

It’s going to kill me to say but Rob reply is spot on, far better than I put it :imp:

Trucks I drive usually have 2 different drivers a day and very rare you have the same truck twice in a week.

I will spend 10-12hrs a shift in it and I eat in it as well, so giving it a clean take what about 10 mins at the start of the shift and I getting paid for it.

I don’t know who had it before me and what germs that driver is carrying or if he’s cracked one off cos he spotted a V8 scania so yes I like to sanitize the cab and I will carry on if this virus does go away.

elsa Lad:
Trucks I drive usually have 2 different drivers a day and very rare you have the same truck twice in a week.

I will spend 10-12hrs a shift in it and I eat in it as well, so giving it a clean take what about 10 mins at the start of the shift and I getting paid for it.

I don’t know who had it before me and what germs that driver is carrying or if he’s cracked one off cos he spotted a V8 scania so yes I like to sanitize the cab and I will carry on if this virus does go away.

They recon a 3yr old poverty spec fleet truck seat will have been ■■■■■■ on a million times, so I’d hate to guess how many bogeys and man fat stains there are as well

DCPCFML:
It’s called 'flu.

Try telling that to my 3 dead relatives who’s C.O.D was covid

peirre:

DCPCFML:
It’s called 'flu.

But it’s…

All fake according to DCPCFML. What he’s angry about is despite not wanting to be part of the ‘experiment’, like it or not, he’s now in the control group. :smiley:

My condolances for your loss peirre.

I usually give everything a wipe over with the diluted disinfectant I carry in my bag,smells nice,shines stuff up and kills germs,costs a quid and mixers about ten bottles worth,turned a couple of motors down in the past but that usually ended up being someone had left food and rubbish all inside and knackered something too,been a lot cleaner since all this kicked off though so I’ve got in any.

Harry Monk:
The whole Covid thing is a complete and total load of ■■■■■■■■. Just crack on. :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^^ I never realized we were on the same page on this? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Seriously though, I reckon agency hourly rates now include a hefty and still-rising “Risk Premium”…

yourhavingalarf:

peirre:

DCPCFML:
It’s called 'flu.

But it’s…

All fake according to DCPCFML. What he’s angry about is despite not wanting to be part of the ‘experiment’, like it or not, he’s now in the control group. :smiley:

My condolances for your loss peirre.

Condolences too.

But remember flu is a giant killer too - but without the fear of a new variant of Coronavirus.

Many thousands have lost their lives over the last 50 years through catching the flu - which according to current opinion is no where near as bad as Covid.
Not sure the 50m that died from Spanish flu would agree though.

Covid does have a 99.4% survival rate. Which suggests there are many things far scarier.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Vid:
Do I flatly refuse to get in the vehicle?

Why? If you’re responsible you’ve already been vaccinated. If your company is responsible they’ll be like ours and have tubs of wipes they give drivers so you can wipe down all the controls and things like door handles etc you’ll come into contact with. We’ve been doing that for so long at Howdens during the pandemic many of the buttons on the dash have lost some of their paint as has the centre of the steering wheel.

Conor:

Vid:
Do I flatly refuse to get in the vehicle?

Why? If you’re responsible you’ve already been vaccinated. If your company is responsible they’ll be like ours and have tubs of wipes they give drivers so you can wipe down all the controls and things like door handles etc you’ll come into contact with. We’ve been doing that for so long at Howdens during the pandemic many of the buttons on the dash have lost some of their paint as has the centre of the steering wheel.

:unamused:

Harry Monk:
The whole Covid thing is a complete and total load of ■■■■■■■■. Just crack on. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you haven’t had the jab your not going to enjoy it, and long covid isn’t nice either

“long covid”

:laughing:

RD7:
But you’re all still here & alive?!!
I’d say ‘chinese flu. The tests are too sensitive and will tell you you have Covid even if you still have some viral load from a past cold. My point is, it was never the fatal pandemic that we were told it would be. Where are the bodies in the streets??
No more died than ANY other year in the past ten. We have all been lied to…

608,000 people died in England and Wales in 2020. That’s over 75,000 more than the previous year, and at least 65,000 more than any year this century. It is in fact the second highest annual deaths figure since 1838 (the only higher figure being 1918 - at the height of a pandemic…). These figures relate only to people who died in this country - soldiers etc killed overseas in wartime are not included.

So yes, I think you may well have been lied to.

Personally I would just disinfect the areas you touch, ie the controls, door handles, switches etc and carry on as normal. The risk still has to be quite low compared to being in areas with other people.

I have been going into an office every day for months where the staff behind the counter wear no masks and the majority of the drivers coming in are wearing masks. Essentially if anyone in the office had Covid everyone else in there would have it I would imagine. Working in a cab that was occupied by someone that might have had Covid isn’t as high risk.