Driver negligence

im talking about the insurance,

does anybody have any rough ideas how much it costs for a freelance driver to get just to cover himself.

Looked at this as to sub direct to companys rather than them using agencys etc but found the very few prices i did get was so far apart its quite a tricky one for them to qoute i was told by insurances companys

did mine with simply business £2 million cover for year £135

andbro:
did mine with simply business £2 million cover for year £135

i phoned them and they had no idea what i was on about.

i did it through the website (public liability insurance)

from what i understand public liablity is in case someone trips over your lunch box, driver negligance is in case you smash up a lorry.

Sounds like your looking for a fully comprehensive policy to drive any HGV vehicle in your possesion in the execution of a business, which would include public liability for say £10 million

andbro:
i did it through the website (public liability insurance)

Public liability and driver negligence are two very different things.

Driver negligence insurance is something that a lot of agencies now offer to their clients, usually for an extra amount on top of the normal hourly rate. It is essentially to save the client having to claim on their own insurance if the driver does something that is considered negligent which presumably (as Big Joe has suggested) is something pretty close to comprehensive vehicle insurance and will therefore not be cheap.

Paul

i thought it would be expensive.

another thread idea coming up.

Bloke I work for says his costs £4000 per year