Driver needs new pants

What the [zb] happenned here?

Took the container off while his twistlocks were still on ?

int it hanging by a chain?

dockspotter:
int it hanging by a chain?

Thats what i see, if locks were still locked trailer and box would still be togethere.

got a feeling this aint real !!!

Looks like a computer image as there isn’t a shadow for the truck

Looks like a Containerlift trailer, they use chains front and rear to be able to unload themselves. I’d guess one of the chains was missed. Wonder how far off the ground the cab got before the driver got out? :open_mouth:

ajames10:
Looks like a computer image as there isn’t a shadow for the truck

i think there is?

saw this happen the other day, when I first saw it, it was completely off the ground, here it is on its way back down.

robthedog:
saw this happen the other day, when I first saw it, it was completely off the ground, here it is on its way back down.

is it a new VOSA test for 5th wheel king pins?

Original pic is a fake to me, steering axle on the truck would surely be hanging down lower.
Or am I wrong ?

I inspected the original closely. There is a lot of digital noise around the truck, which could suggest it has been edited. However, it could also be quality loss from multiple copies as people grab it from one site, and copy it to another. It also appears that the truck is a different resolution to the rest of the image.
Also cannot find the image else where with image search.
However, the people are looking at it, so something must of happened.

Truck in the op looks like a lhd?

Whether the image is real or not I dont know but it is certainly feasible for this to happen if, once the driver had lifted the container onto the trailer using the two hoists, he has forgotten to take one of tge four chains off. It does look like a left ■■■■■■ which would explain the open door, many docks here and abroad require the driver to stand on a painted circle where the overhead hoist operator can see him, not out of sight in the lorry or stood the wrong side of the vehicle.

Whats a unit and skelly weigh? could that one chain lift or hold that weight…

i doubt it

that combination would be about 16 Tonne

dockspotter:
Whats a unit and skelly weigh? could that one chain lift or hold that weight…

i doubt it

Definitely a photoshop fake picture. If it was real, the angle which the tractor unit is showing it would swing round and jacknife against the trailer

ajt:
Definitely a photoshop fake picture. If it was real, the angle which the tractor unit is showing it would swing round and jacknife against the trailer

I’ve no idea whether it’s a fake or not but I think the angle of the unit is believable.

As the front of the trailer was lifted the unit has swung round just enough for the rear unit wheels to get blocked against the trailer chassis stopping the unit going into a jack-knife position.

It’s not the wheels, it’s the run up ramps by the 5th wheel. They fit inside the frame of the chassis of the trailer so with the unit tipping forward it locks it in position.
Sadly I know this after making a tight turn with the cab at an angle and ripping the ■■■■■■■ things off.