Driver needed for ITV Programme

Hi There

Just wondering if any of you fancy taking part in a programme I’m making for ITV? Check the details below.

The London Programme is an award winning current affairs documentary series on ITV.

The episode I’m currently working on is about how different road users often end up competing for space on the capitals congested roads.

I’m trying to find a London based LGV driver (with a C license) who feels that irresponsible cyclists make Londons roads dangerous.

This driver would need to be willing to take our hired truck around London for a few hours whilst being filmed, they would also need to be willing to take part in a couple of challenges.

Filming will take a maximum of two days (around the middle of February), it will be fun and the work will be paid.

If you are interested contact:

Mark Pizzey
Producer
The London Programme
ITV London

020 7737 8946
Mark.pizzey @ itv.com

Hi There

Just wondering if any of you fancy taking part in a programme I’m making for ITV? Check the details below

Hi There
Just wondering if any TV companies fancy making a request on here? Check out the forum rules above…and the snippet from them below :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Any media organisation, company, educational establishment or individual seeking information to help with a project from the members of this site should seek permission BEFORE posting the request.

Not an auspicious start, and I suspect seeing as every time we have had requests from the TV companies to help out with a programme, it has ended up with a twisted anti-truck programme that failed completely to show an accurate picture of the drivers side of the story, that the responses you get may vary considerably. :wink: :wink:

will there be any ■■■■ scenes in it

Obviously got no response on LDF so trying here.

Can I ask a question?

Why a London based driver with a Cat C?

Why not an ‘outsider’ with an artic, then you could really show what irresponsible cyclists are like, whilst negotiating unfamiliar territory with a fully freighted artic.

In fact it’s a shame you weren’t with me this week, I could have shown you half a dozen idiots in just two days.

Oh yeah, and I know that was two questions :wink:

I vote Mike-C for it !! He’ll show you what pests them pesky 2-wheeler’s are !! :laughing:

I would love to do this BUT in an artic - the only problem would be that I do not “compete” for road space, I make my own.
The above statement will refer to the majority of drivers on this site.
I believe you want a lorry driver who will BULLY their way through the streets of London and curse at all the other road users.
If that is what you want then - GO LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE PAL

I’m trying to find a London based LGV driver (with a C license) who feels that irresponsible cyclists make Londons roads dangerous.

Prejudicial stereotyping sensationalism ? Ah, the makings of any true ITV program.

No if it were just a case of wanting to film a driver navigate london’s road and document his feeling on it, then fine, I’m cool with that.

But to selectively seek someone with an axe to grind only serves to promote yet more conflict on our already crowded roads. Ask yourself really what you aim to acheive by trying to source your footage in such a manner and trying to promote the viewers into scenes on conflict.

Then take a look at the channel 4’s fight on food scheme where they are trying to educate the public in a wholesome manner … Sorry mate your miles behind, but once again, ITV jumping on the already moving bandwagon, and trying make it appealing by falsely jazzing it up.

If you really wanted to make the public think about other road users, then why not film a cyclist as a passenger in a truck. Get the driver to show the cyclist what they see and dont see as they drive along. Now that would educate viewers and help viewers understand how the other half drives and maybe make people think about giving allowances. That would be interesting and educating, and not just the normal conflict pish.

I’ll do it. :smiling_imp:

I find it a bit sad that folk here jump to all sorts of conclusions with nothing more than a personal rant on the subject.

Mark posted what looks to me like an honest request for help, in a place most likely to bring fruit.

He probably won’t bother to come back here, and will have already found a mate of a mate who’ll do the job.

Some of you guys really need to de-stress, and open up your minds to the rest of society.

“a mind is like a parachute, it won’t work well unless it’s fully open”

ITV have their own OB drivers,why not stitch one of them up?
Maybe it was thought of,but the bad publicity would start a strike amongst the other ITV drivers.
This idea stinks to high heaven.

Rikki-UK:
Not an auspicious start, and I suspect seeing as every time we have had requests from the TV companies to help out with a programme, it has ended up with a twisted anti-truck programme that failed completely to show an accurate picture of the drivers side of the story, that the responses you get may vary considerably. :wink: :wink:

Another example of how popular this site is. :sunglasses:

Pizzey:
Hi There

Just wondering if any of you fancy taking part in a programme I’m making for ITV? Check the details below.

The London Programme is an award winning current affairs documentary series on ITV.

The episode I’m currently working on is about how different road users often end up competing for space on the capitals congested roads.

This driver would need to be willing to take our hired truck around London for a few hours whilst being filmed, they would also need to be willing to take part in a couple of challenges.

Filming will take a maximum of two days (around the middle of February), it will be fun and the work will be paid.

If you are interested contact:

Mark Pizzey
Producer
The London Programme
ITV London

020 7737 8946
Mark.pizzey @ itv.com

And when youve done that you can come out with me for a few days and I will show you how ■■■■ the standard of driving is on the roads today, Including classics examples of how people do not know how to enter a motorway and what ‘KEEP CLEAR’ means,

Regards,
G

206doorman:
I find it a bit sad that folk here jump to all sorts of conclusions with nothing more than a personal rant on the subject.

Mark posted what looks to me like an honest request for help, in a place most likely to bring fruit.

With saying

he is asking for someone to rant about cyclists.
Had he asked for a lorry driver to comment on what problems they face, how they deal safely with them and how the situation might be sensibly resolved, then that would be different.

It does look like a genuine post for help, i agree.

I think the conclusions are pretty easy to make. As I said in my post, he is clearly looking for a person with a specific view to highlighting cyclists bad behaviour, and an direct insinuation that it is cyclists that make London’s roads dangerous.

To me, i can draw 2 main lines of thought from the post …

1. As already posted … sensationalist broadcasting effect, which I personally think is a style which ITV strives to achieve ( I liken it to the tabloid styles and phrasing ). Taking that a little further, its no stretch to imagine the Opening line " London cyclists, the terror death traps on our roads … we see it from the drivers eyes ". As said, sensationalism style broadcasting.

2. That he’s perhaps not really thought out the subject very well … but even still, to use the phrase “who feels that irresponsible cyclists make Londons roads dangerous” is not something you miss type … an so leads me back to why would he want to aim for that sort of person … back to point one.

I dont see that as wild speculation, and nor a personal rant.

Pizzey:

Is there any chance that you could provide your reasons for specifically asking for:

1.) “a C license” (sic) driver :question:

2.) a person with a specific view of cyclists :question:

Then, would please say what the objective of your proposed programme is :question:

IMHO, you shouldn’t be surprised at some of the answers you’ve received up to now, since you failed to provide us with any reasons for your request.

TBF, since you’re a programme maker, I confess that I’m somewhat surprised at the way you’ve gone about this, so please take the opportunity to let us know the answers :smiley:

find it a bit sad that folk here jump to all sorts of conclusions

Unfortunatly, when TV companies have come on here before and asked for help with a programme, the finished aired programme ends up anti -driver/truck

I jump to conclusions because of bitter experience. I have yet to be contacted by a TV company or national paper that has ever portrayed the job in a positive light.

And like others above I strongly suspect this one will be the same

dieseldave:
Is there any chance that you could provide your reasons for specifically asking for:

1.) “a C license” (sic) driver :question:

My guess would be that that’s the sort of truck they’re going to hire.

As for the OP, I’d say that there are a number of things that make London’s roads dangerous:
(in no particular order)

• Irresponsible cyclists
  • Kamikaze pedestrians
  • Arrogant, selfish car drivers
  • Obnoxious taxi drivers
  • Bullying truck drivers
  • Impatient bus drivers
  • Ludicrous road layouts - try driving a truck down the road across the front of Euston station - where, because of the shutters in front of the traffic lights, you get absolutely no warning of the lights turning red.
  • etc…

Of course, within each type of road user there are also many good, safe, law-abiding people. As both a cyclist and an HGV driver, I know how big a truck’s blind spots are, and I don’t place myself in them if there is the slightest risk to myself. I also don’t ride through red lights, on pavements or the wrong way up one-way roads. But then, since I’m not one of the “irresponsible cyclists” that you’re trying to demonise, you won’t be interested in filming me, will you?

Rob K:
I vote Mike-C for it !! He’ll show you what pests them pesky 2-wheeler’s are !! :laughing:

Hey !! I just seen this. Pizzey i’m you’re man. Give me the date and email me, i can do all you need and then some more !!! I’ll even do the cockney accent if you need me to !!

Actually, for the right fee, I can hate cyclists to whatever degree the producer wants me to. I can do cockney as well and at lower rates than Ray Winstone. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: