Driver jailed

The court case is over regarding the driver who killed the Strathems on the m6

uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090216/tuk … a1618.html

Let the lynching begin… :smiley:

3 years for killing 6 people!
should of got life :imp:
omg consider himself lucky!

UK justice system doing what it does best.
Giving pathetic sentences.
3 years but out it 1 and a half years for killing 6 people. That is not right :confused: :imp: :imp:

3 years does seem lenient.
Is it possible that the judge believed he was’nt the only one at fault ■■?
Or is it just the same old story of the judge being totally out of touch with public opinion.

i think it’s a fair result. giving him any longer wouldn’t deter anyone else from doing the same but 3 years or 2 years which i think he’ll probabally serve away from his own loved ones will give him plenty of time to reflect on his actions

The length of this sentence doesn’t feel right and from what I read of the case, the driver was actually trying to claim that the family may have already been dead due to having driven into the lorry in front of them! Thats all right then, nothing to do with the Portuguese ■■■■ being too close to the car to be able to stop in time!! Ten years minimum in my book :imp:

We all make mistakes but he will be out before Ronnie biggs

fuse:
We all make mistakes but he will be out before Ronnie biggs

He will probably be out before some old dear who refused to pay her Council Tax!

Ragnarok:
The length of this sentence doesn’t feel right and from what I read of the case, the driver was actually trying to claim that the family may have already been dead due to having driven into the lorry in front of them! Thats all right then, nothing to do with the Portuguese ■■■■ being too close to the car to be able to stop in time!! Ten years minimum in my book :imp:

When I read the report that’s the part i did not like we can all make mistakes but leave the family to grieve they do not need that

The BBC has a bit more detail in their story:

He’s been done for Death by Careless Driving, rather than by Dangerous Driving, which carries a max 5 year sentence.

He will probably be out before some old dear who refused to pay her Council Tax!

Most certainly. Fiddle your taxes and see how long you get for that!
But kill a family and it seems that is not so important.
Would have been fairere to add up the total ages of those in the car and make him serve the time to suit.

Mothertrucker:

Would have been fairere to add up the total ages of those in the car and make him serve the time to suit.

95 years, thats a bit harsh :unamused:

Seems a reasonable amount of time to me, although I do question locking people up for a mistake. Its not like he set out at the start to go and wipe out a family, he was just trying to earn a living like the rest of us.

Everyone frothing at the mouths making out he is as bad as the yorkshire ripper, get a little perspective.

I also do not see how destroying the drivers life will help in any way at all, lock him up for a million years etc etc. He already has a life sentence of living with the knowledge of what he has done, and if it was me that would be worse than any prison sentence that could be handed out.

biggusdickusgb:

Mothertrucker:

95 years, thats a bit harsh :unamused:

95 would be a proper life sentence.

Sounds reasonable for taking 6 lives.

I thought it was a fairly well balanced sentence- the jury had a chance to convict on the more serious charge of dangerous driving but didn’t and as they were in the courtroom and we weren’t…

He will be out in 18 months at the most…Bloody ridiculous… :angry: :angry: :angry:

Mrs ROG has just been watching this news item and was in firstly in tears at the loss of life caused and then had anger & frustration mixed in with that when she heard the sentence :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

As for me, I half expected there to be some ridculous outcome.

Both our thoughts are with the remaining family members.

Should make him serve his time in Portugal and let them pay for his upkeep

Smee:
He will be out in 18 months at the most…Bloody ridiculous… :angry: :angry: :angry:

He could actually be out in 9 months…spend 9 on a tag or probation and then the rest of the 3 years on licence.

Small price for 6 lives taken…but I wasn’t in Court, so I can’t really comment on the sentence.

Overall, sentencing seems very soft in this Country.

Shrek:

Smee:

He could actually be out in 9 months…spend 9 on a tag or probation and then the rest of the 3 years on licence.

Small price for 6 lives taken…but I wasn’t in Court, so I can’t really comment on the sentence.

Overall, sentencing seems very soft in this Country.

Would your comments be LIKELY to relect that of most of your colleagues :question: