driver jailed

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca … e-37337793

sad all round, but can’t imagine what defence he could put forward in order to plead not guilty

christ, look at the state of him and all those previous convictions.

absolutely terrible.

“The court heard the delivery firm driver had numerous previous convictions including speeding and using a mobile phone while driving. In 2015, Warby was banned for a year for drink-driving.”

Its not sad all round at all. The guy is a prick and it sounds like the world is a safer place. We don’t need people like him behind the wheel of a truck.

I take your point, when I said" sad all round", I wasn’t of course referring to the driver but the woman, her family and others involved, possibly including the drivers wife and kids.

Conor:
" The guy is a prick and it sounds like the world is a safer place. We don’t need people like him behind the wheel of a truck.

The strange thing is that the TC seems to have the powers to revoke LGV entitlement on a summary basis ?.In which case surely this muppet had enough history for that to have been done long before he inevitably took some one out.While 6 years seems like the lower end of the potential sentence available to the judge. :confused:

“The court heard the delivery firm driver had numerous previous convictions including speeding and using a mobile phone while driving. In 2015, Warby was banned for a year for drink-driving.”

As others have said here, why wasn’t this menace stopped earlier? What is the point of TCs and driving bans if they aren’t imposed?

I think the last TC should be questioned over this matter.

He looks more like 48 than 28

Carryfast:

Conor:
" The guy is a prick and it sounds like the world is a safer place. We don’t need people like him behind the wheel of a truck.

The strange thing is that the TC seems to have the powers to revoke LGV entitlement on a summary basis ?.In which case surely this muppet had enough history for that to have been done long before he inevitably took some one out.While 6 years seems like the lower end of the potential sentence available to the judge. :confused:

The offences probably weren’t reported to the TC.

khdgsa:

Carryfast:

Conor:

The offences probably weren’t reported to the TC.

Ironic that it was a copper that he took out if that’s the case.Let down by her own possibly.The problem then being that they might try to make up for it by hitting drivers with more severe penalties who might have been given the benefit of the doubt before this.What a cluster zb if so. :bulb: :unamused:

ajt:

I was thinking the same. On the bright side he’ll get a job in Sea World or summat as an attraction !!! :smiley:

Carryfast:

All these convictions and still he kept his license. Yet on another thread you think they’ll enforce the removal of hgv entitlement for going over the speed limit in lane 2 and this will act as a suitable detterent?

The-Snowman:

Carryfast:

All these convictions and still he kept his license. Yet on another thread you think they’ll enforce the removal of hgv entitlement for going over the speed limit in lane 2 and this will act as a suitable detterent?

How does continuing with that situation help road safety ?.As opposed to my ideas.

Bang in the wrong and a justified sentence, but the cynic in me says if the story read Sharon Garett, 45 year old housewife, it would’ve been a slap on the wrists :unamused:

Carryfast:

The-Snowman:

Carryfast:

How does continuing with that situation help road safety ?.As opposed to my ideas.

I didnt say there was anything wrong with your idea per se. I simply explained the problems with your ideas of the nuggets who ignore current limits and the way they drive in general but your solution was that the threat of hgv removal would keep things in order. When they let pricks like this keep their license right up till they kill someone, they will not remove someones license for possibly straying out with the “temporary” speed limit increase. Esp if/when they play the old “financial hardship” card.

The-Snowman:

Carryfast:

The-Snowman:

Carryfast:

I didnt say there was anything wrong with your idea per se. I simply explained the problems with your ideas of the nuggets who ignore current limits and the way they drive in general but your solution was that the threat of hgv removal would keep things in order. When they let pricks like this keep their license right up till they kill someone, they will not remove someones license for possibly straying out with the “temporary” speed limit increase. Esp if/when they play the old “financial hardship” card.

As I said ‘if’ we’re in the realms of summary LGV entitlement removal for exceeding the truck speed limits then we’re also obviously going to be removing the licences of muppets ‘like this’ ‘before’ they get the chance to kill someone.

Having said that no one is saying that we can’t just increase the limiter setting to 60 mph as plan B.IE Brexit = no EU type approval regs that contradict the established ‘existing’ uk truck motorway speed limit which is the issue. :bulb:

I don’t think he will have to worry if he drop’s the soap in the shower. :open_mouth:

I hope he tops himself inside…

But what firm hires a driver with a DD conviction?
I’m guessing one that didn’t check his licence… :cry:

m.a.n rules:
I don’t think he will have to worry if he drop’s the soap in the shower. :open_mouth:

Other than he wont be able to reach it

Rot Danny fella rot

m.a.n rules:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ajt:

Stone?