Driver hours and tachocards

Hi

Can anyone advise, i know in any driving week you are allowed to increase your drive time for 9 to 10 hours twice per week. If I have only gone over by 10 minutes so 9 hrs 10 does that allow me to drive another 9.50 that week, I am guessing not but im not exactly clear on this. And also with regard with toe 10hrs twice per week am I allowed to do this every week if needed??

Thanks in advance for any replies.

newtrucker2013:
Hi

Can anyone advise, i know in any driving week you are allowed to increase your drive time for 9 to 10 hours twice per week. If I have only gone over by 10 minutes so 9 hrs 10 does that allow me to drive another 9.50 that week, I am guessing not but im not exactly clear on this. And also with regard with toe 10hrs twice per week am I allowed to do this every week if needed??

Thanks in advance for any replies.

You can extend the daily driving time to up-to ten hours twice a week, every week.

(A week is 00:00 Monday to 24:00 the following Sunday)

If your daily driving time is over 9 hours by so much as one minute it’s counted as one of the two extended daily driving periods for that week.

If you drive for nine hours ten minutes and another day drive for nine hours fifty minutes that’s two ten hour drive days.

You can’t put the ten minutes and the fifty minutes together to make one extended driving day, though it is an interesting idea :smiley: :wink:

To simplify:

No to first question and yes to second.

thanks for your help :slight_smile: