Driver hours advice please

Just a couple of quick questions to put my mind at ease please chaps. Firstly I am running out on sunday this week, just a straight 4 and half drive, and was wondering if I only take a reduced rest period (less than 11 hours off) does that mean I can only do 2 15’s monday to friday or will that be counted in last weeks driving? Also, my boss wants me to work next sunday and I was wondering if it was legal to work 2 weekends in a row providing I have had sufficient weekly rest between shifts? cheers.

xfmatt:
Just a couple of quick questions to put my mind at ease please chaps. Firstly I am running out on sunday this week, just a straight 4 and half drive, and was wondering if I only take a reduced rest period (less than 11 hours off) does that mean I can only do 2 15’s monday to friday or will that be counted in last weeks driving? Also, my boss wants me to work next sunday and I was wondering if it was legal to work 2 weekends in a row providing I have had sufficient weekly rest between shifts? cheers.

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between two weekly rest periods, so assuming that when you start on Sunday it will be immediately after a weekly rest period then you will have two reduced daily rest periods left before your next weekly rest period.

There’s nothing to stop you working two consecutive weekends as long as you have the correct weekly rest periods :wink:

In any two consecutive weeks (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday) you should have either two regular 45 hour weekly rest periods or at least one 45 hour weekly rest period and one reduced weekly rest period of at least 24 hours.

Yeah thats what I thought cheers mate. Hoping to set off early enough to get my 11 off tomorrow night anyway but you know how it is! By the time I start on sunday I will have had 48 hours off so that will leave me to have a reduced period next weekend! marvellous.